Newborn Photo Question

Its two shots combined in post, you should never try that without supporting the babies head!!!

Its two shots combined in post, you should never try that without supporting the babies head!!!

This.

Usually a parent holding the baby's head up. They move their hands to a different spot for the 2nd photo and the two images are combined in post, sans parents' hands. Makes for a nice shot though huh?

I never knew those shots were combined images! Learn something new every day

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like it. A baby that small should not be able to hold that pose (and obviously cannot, hence the two shots put together) so it just looks un-natural to me.

I just did it with my last session!
5449897904_89aed7fd52.jpg

I didn't have to merge any photos. The baby HAS to be sleeping, warm and with a full belly. Using a boppy underneath his arms helped too!

I learned from this video!

Last edited by a moderator:
wrong. Its not always done like that. :wink:

I'd kick someones ass if they handled my newborn like that video.

Thanks for the video! That was great! I'm going to do just that in my next photo session. And, I'm sure that if the baby doesn't mind, the parents won't mind either :)

I wouldn't position my baby like that and feel comfortable at all! Its dangerous IMO. Anyway I think it looks adorable even if it's not natural :)

I wouldn't position my baby like that and feel comfortable at all! Its dangerous IMO. Anyway I think it looks adorable even if it's not natural :)

Why is it "dangerous"? What... they'll fall two inches onto a soft pillow?:blushing:

Thanks for the video! That was great! I'm going to do just that in my next photo session. And, I'm sure that if the baby doesn't mind, the parents won't mind either :)

Good luck!

Why is it "dangerous"? What... they'll fall two inches onto a soft pillow?:blushing:

Their vertebrae are not hard like ours. You can easily damage something in their back or their neck. What is it with people needing to have these unnatural poses with newborns ? Anything for a good shot ?? :thumbdown:

It is dangerous for their heads to fall that short distance. For a while the SIDS numbers were wrong because they found out that a lot of the cases were actually from neck injuries. Google it, I would but I'm on my iPhone...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back