Newby! First Pics for C&C

Einstein

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone,

I just got a new camera (Canon EOS 30D) and am looking to turn my interest in picture taking into a more serious hobby. I am inspired by the surroundings of my home country bermuda and the outdoor sports I love. Here are a few of my favorite scenic shots from around the island from messing around with my point and shoot (digital elph). These are the best pictures I feel I have taken on my point and shoot and any real criticism/pointers would help me improve with my new SLR. Thanks.

4241604404_464d4b16a7.jpg

4241599314_de707f0ddf.jpg

4241598062_7167bcd125.jpg

4240823439_af94ebce46_b.jpg

4241595154_4c6f79931f.jpg

4240824531_61dda7f305.jpg

Last edited:
embed the pictures and you'll get comments, no one wants to click through to a link

make your pictures bigger and you'll get comments, no one wants to look at such tiny pictures...

thanks, this is my first time posting pics to any forum, getting there....

6 is my favorite, great look to it, try looking up the rule of thirds, it may help a little
but great shots from what i can see as they are a little small :greenpbl:

a little small, but 5-7 are awesome love the colors and lighting

thanks for the comments. I have figured out how to get them in a decent size. Unfortunately I changed the order of the pics! Sorry the references above are no longer correct but hopefully you can see them properly now!

What was 5 is now 3 and is also one of my favorites.

peekay i agree more sky would be good in the stair photo and maybe less sky in #2. I also want to try those to locations with a variety of sky's (sunset and evening with more clouds) with the new camera

im liking the sky pictures, nice balance, nice colours.
im not digging the non-sky pictures, i find there is a lack of an interesting subject in the images. they are nicely exposed and stuff, just not too interesting to look at.

and see, i really like the current #5 with the chairs. its a very nice composition overall. great colors too.

I'm loving #5

5 is a really great picture! good job

Thanks bigtwink. Sky images are my favorite thing to take at the moment. I think they are fun for me because i dont know how to get really creative with camera settings on everyday objects yet.

I love #5. This is a close location for me so now i have the new camera hope to get even better images of the chairs. Definitely in front of a sunset and maybe with a person or couple in the chairs.

Most reactions

Back