What's new

Newby Question

Henrix123

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have read how taking pictures of the sunlight will damage your camera. I took one picture of the sun when I first got it (week ago) should I have it looked at to make sure it is ok that way I dont use a crap camera from now on or should I not worry about it? Camera is a D90
 
I have read how taking pictures of the sunlight will damage your camera. I took one picture of the sun when I first got it (week ago) should I have it looked at to make sure it is ok that way I dont use a crap camera from now on or should I not worry about it? Camera is a D90
Don't worry about it. It hasn't hurt my D90 any. Read the cautions in the front of your manual again (pg. xiv), a bit more carefully this time. While you're at it, go ahead and read the rest of the manual again.

Any daytime pictures are pictures of the sunlight. Reflected sunlight anyway.

Camera makers put a caution in the front of their users manuals saying not to look at the sun through the viewfinder for long because it can damage your eye. AND/OR, the sun shining through the camera, lens and out the viewfinder can focus the light sufficiently to start a fire.

It can also heat up a lens pretty quick if left pointing at the Sun.
 
Last edited:
Hmm, yes ... too much exposure to your eye is not good.

The direct sunlight going through your lens, bouncing off the mirror, into the prism should not damage the camera.

Possibly if you have LiveView it may have some affect on the sensor ... though I would think that you would have to be pointing at the sun for a long time.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom