Newcomer

Otahyoni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all! I'm new here and sorta new to photography. I have been taking pictures for about 3 years with my Canon A720IS. I don't know how to do any post-processing so any of the pictures you see are straight from the camera. Here are a few I have taken.

4103566023_b3b5875503_b.jpg

4102980422_34c1db0c25.jpg

4102964032_1fe8411ef8.jpg

And because I love macro:
3886214663_441d4432a4.jpg

I realize these aren't near the scope of most photographers here, but i try to do the best with what i have....

Constructive comments welcome.

4 is nice I really like that picture. Nice shot but i would try to get the whole thing in the frame but no big complaints. Only if the bee where a little bigger and more of a main focus.
tj

ok here it goes, first off welcome to the forums :)

@ Post 1
I like this panorama, the only problem im finding with it is the tree on the far left, i do not think it adds to the scene, so i feel like a bit of a crop would help bring some uniformity of the picture, that being said, although the scene itself is nice, there really is not a big "WOW" factor.

@ post 2
Did you do a long shutter speed for this? I Do not want to check atm, but if you did, maybe a even longer would have been better, to make it more smooth, kind of applies to wether you did not :). The colors aren't bad, but i dont see a new angle, or anything that changes the perspective of the picture.

@ Post 3
Portraits are not my thing :)

@ Post 4
Thats very nice, you did good with this, a bit faster shutter speed would fix the little focus, I would prefer if the bee was a bit more to the right, i would thinkt hat would give more to the flowers, no need for them to be cutoff, kind of misleading i would say.

I'm learning also in photography, so take this advice with a grain of salt :)

#2 was with a long shutter speed. I think it was 1/4sec. Unfortunately, i can't retake it due to the location being in Tennessee.

#4 was also about 3 hours away, but i have a few more bee pictures. I don't think they are as good as this one though.

#2 was with a long shutter speed. I think it was 1/4sec. Unfortunately, i can't retake it due to the location being in Tennessee.

#4 was also about 3 hours away, but i have a few more bee pictures. I don't think they are as good as this one though.

you were THREE HOURS away from a bee?!?! how! :)

you were THREE HOURS away from a bee?!?! how! :)

He was using this of course.:lmao:

:lmao:I took that picture 3 hours from home.

To avoid starting another thread... here's another bee pic.

IMG_0990.jpg

And be cause i love macro:

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

My little P&S takes nice macro shots (if you ask me)

C&C on these, please?

Ah, so although the last two macro shots are good and interesting, they aren't sharp, as macro shots should be :/, i know its the camera, since your exif said you took this at 1/1000, so cant be camera shake, your aperture was low though, turning it up to around f / 11 gives you more leeway (how do you spell that), also how come you were taking the picture at ISO 400? The shutter speed was high enough, a general rule of thumb is without a tripod, stick over 1/200, but 1/1000 is a bit overkill.

I like the bee shot, IMO it might be better if you didnt cut off the far right of the flower it is on and as the others have said make the bee bigger since it is the subject right?

I really like these macro-shots, but:

I don't know how to do any post-processing so any of the pictures you see are straight from the camera.

Well, making post-processing is really not hard at all. When you're viewing the pictures on your computer, atleast Windows should have some sliders for saturation, contrast and a few other things. I'm saying that, because I think some of your photos would look a lot better, if you messed around with the settings a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back