Newts and Grebes

Joel Bolden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went down to one of the local lakes specifically to see if the Red Spotted Newts were on the move.....they were. Ran across this scrufty looking transitioning-into-mating colors Horned Grebe and snapped his pic just as the downpour started,
IMGP2991tiff.l.jpg
IMGP3003aff.l.jpg
IMGP3007.l.jpg
IMGP3023.jpg

Nice compositions and I hate to say this but I'm afraid there may be a problem with your camera, it didn't focus well in any of the pictures.

Lol. I'm shooting into 6 inches of murky water in the Newt's case. As far as the Grebe goes I think the focus is just fine.

Went down to one of the local lakes specifically to see if the Red Spotted Newts were on the move.....they were. Ran across this scrufty looking transitioning-into-mating colors Horned Grebe and snapped his pic just as the downpour started,View attachment 255261View attachment 255262View attachment 255263View attachment 255264
015-studio7.jpg

Understandable about the murky water being the reason for the lack of sharpness but when I saw that the grebe wasn't under water and not as sharp as the newt pics I figured there was a problem with your camera. It sort of threw me off, you can understand that, right? I did a side by side of your grebe and mine to illustrate that your grebe isn't as fine as it could be.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back