What's new

nex-5

yoga

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
india
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
can i buy a AF Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6g for my Nex-5
 
You can buy one for it, but you won't be able to mount a Nikon lens on a SONY EVIL body, so it will pretty much be just a decoration. Why not buy a Sony lens?
 
There are 4 lenses you can buy for your NEX 5: the 30mm macro, 18-55, 18-200, or 16 pancake.



Why people decide to buy the Sony's over the Oly's/Panny's is beyond me. Sure the sensor is a little bigger, but there are only 4 lenses availible, and out of the 4 lenses, only 1 of them is any good. The rest are either slow, mediocre, or both.
 
thanks for the reply. I'm aware there are converter mounts available and the reason for the nikkor 70-300 is it is the cheapest lens. I think i'll have to use the manual focus though.
 
Not having AF is a huge handicap sometimes, especially wide open at 300mm with minimal DOF. I know, I've mounted this same lens on my E-PL1 strictly for taking pictures of the moon. Did I buy the lens FOR the camera? No.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom