Next change after Canon 6D

Thank you friends for all the knowledge sharing. To answer a few questions, I am a hobbyist and use camera mainly for landscape, travel and family gatherings. Normally I used to carry camera body with 24-105 f/4 and two lenses in my bag - 70-200 f/4 and 16-35 f/4 and at the age of 58 find it difficult to carry all the weights. So one objective was to reduce the weight of heavy body without compromising quality and go for latest technology. As far as canon is concerned I love the canon colors and menu system so I am less inclined to go for Sony. Reading all above discussion, I am inclined to go for 5D iv and may be wait for sometime for mirrorless to mature. Thank you once again and hope that I am doing wise.

Thank you friends for all the knowledge sharing. To answer a few questions, I am a hobbyist and use camera mainly for landscape, travel and family gatherings. Normally I used to carry camera body with 24-105 f/4 and two lenses in my bag - 70-200 f/4 and 16-35 f/4 and at the age of 58 find it difficult to carry all the weights. So one objective was to reduce the weight of heavy body without compromising quality and go for latest technology.

OK you are about 7 years behind me, and probably in better physical condition.
But if you are having trouble with the weight of your kit now, I suggest that you look at the Micro 4/3 system as an alternative.

Carrying and using my DX kit was starting to get too hard on my back and legs. And on something like a 2 week trip, when it is constantly on the go, I wanted a smaller/lighter kit. So I looked into and made the decision to switch to m4/3. With my m4/3 travel kit, I figure I got about 40-45% bulk and weight reduction :)

I actually built a dual m4/3 kit.
  • A high end kit for home use. On the heavy side for m4/3, but still much lighter than my DX kit.
  • A light travel and family event kit. I leave the heavy pro lenses at home.
However, it is not perfect.
The mirrorless is still behind the dSLR for fast sports and action, so I still use my dSLR for that.
And mirrorless battery life sucks, in comparison to a dSLR. Carrying spare batterIES (note the plural) is a fact of life with a mirrorless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back