Next Item to Get?

J_T

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently have the Canon Rebel T2i with the 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm lens and the 50mm f/1.8 prime lens.
Also I have a tripod.

What would be the next best thing to get to enhance my photographic options?

Depends on the type of photography you do, or are wanting to do AND the amount of $$ you have and/or want to spend. My first thought was maybe an off-camera flash. If you are interested in exploring macro, then maybe a set of extension tubes to go with the 50mm f/1.8 lens. If you are doing a lot of landscapes, then how about a circular polarizer? Tell us your photographic interests and then maybe you will get some more specific ideas.

WesternGuy

Uh, whatever you are missing ?

- Flash
- Wide lens
- Macro lens
- Polarizer
- Neutral Density Filter
- Gradient Neutral Density Filter
- Variable Neutral Density Filter
- More effect filters
- Better Camera
- Better version of existing lenses

Nobody can know what you actually need. Some people are happy with a camera and a single prime lens.

Uh, whatever you are missing ?

- Flash
- Wide lens
- Macro lens
- Polarizer
- Neutral Density Filter
- Gradient Neutral Density Filter
- Variable Neutral Density Filter
- More effect filters
- Better Camera
- Better version of existing lenses

Nobody can know what you actually need. Some people are happy with a camera and a single prime lens.

Wow--now THAT is a good answer!!!! ANY one of those items could be, and I emphasize "could be", a spark, a catalyst, a jump-start, to advancing your photography.

Nothing. If you don't know what you need, then you don't need anything. Photography is expensive. Only buy gear when you have identified a need for it.

Nothing. If you don't know what you need, then you don't need anything. Photography is expensive. Only buy gear when you have identified a need for it.

^
|
|

Ditto.

As an amateur, I, like those before and after, tend to 'rush out' and buy this or that because someone says that I need it. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. 40+ years later, I still have a variety of little-used, if at all, 'stuff' in my bag. Some of it I bought 'on the cheap side', and shortly thereafter realized my 'cheap' mistake and bought 'the good stuff' in its place.

Let -need- be the driver of your photographic purchases...not "thought I'd try...". As mentioned previously, photography can get quite expensive quickly. But then, there's always ebay to unload our mis-steps.

50mm f/1.8 + tripod + Canon 430 EX II flash = great portraits (if you're into that)

Buy only what you need when you really know you need it and don't go cheap,it's the biggest mistake people make. By the way I would dump the 55-200 for a 70-200L the price is very good for that lens now.

This.

50mm f/1.8 + tripod + Canon 430 EX II flash = great portraits (if you're into that)

get a sync cord to go with that if you go this route.

Get the Canon 5D Mark III and I promise you that will enhance your photography ;)

I currently have the Canon Rebel T2i with the 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm lens and the 50mm f/1.8 prime lens.
Also I have a tripod.

Get the Canon 5D Mark III and I promise you that will enhance your photography ;)

Get better lenses before a body like the 5D Mark III. Good glas is far mor important then the camera body.

You cannot promise that buying a 5D Mark III will enhance one ones photography. That is like saying that buying an expensive oven will make then a good cook.

Most reactions

Back