Next lens, should I just flip a coin between these two?

50mm 1.8 and a flash is my suggestion :)

upgrade to 700 later when you can afford it

As I have stated before in another thread, THE XS DOES HAVE A DoF PREVIEW BUTTON! http://a.img-dpreview.com/reviews/Canoneos1000d/images/allroundview.jpg

I got curious and looked at my 350D, and even it has DOF preview.

I guess this goes to show that hater are going to hate.

As I have stated before in another thread, THE XS DOES HAVE A DoF PREVIEW BUTTON! http://a.img-dpreview.com/reviews/Canoneos1000d/images/allroundview.jpg

I got curious and looked at my 350D, and even it has DOF preview.

I guess this goes to show that hater are going to hate.

Well, giving the benefit of the doubt, and I really do try to give everyone, including Nikon owners, the benefit of the doubt, I honestly couldn't tell you what features all 357 Nikon models have. Or is it 358? I can't keep up.

I was joking. I've been lax with my usage of comic sans lately, so I understand why it didn't come across as such. :lmao:

I'm unsure the XS could deliver good shots of action, 5.6/300 in poor light. What's the max ISO? Zooms aren't so sharp at full reach. F5.6 at 300 in shutterspeed terms gathers less light than, say f5.6 at 50mm. You might be shooting more like ''F6-7' in such terms which demands ISO performance, for the resulting shutterspeed, of a quality the camera can't achieve. A cropped image from using the zoom wider could give you a better picture (although a smaller print).

I'm unsure the XS could deliver good shots of action, 5.6/300 in poor light. What's the max ISO? Zooms aren't so sharp at full reach. F5.6 at 300 in shutterspeed terms gathers less light than, say f5.6 at 50mm. You might be shooting more like ''F6-7' in such terms which demands ISO performance, for the resulting shutterspeed, of a quality the camera can't achieve. A cropped image from using the zoom wider could give you a better picture (although a smaller print).

taken from dpanswers.com:

"The f-number will tell the photographer the amount of light that will fall on a given area of the camera's focal plane in a given period of time no matter what the focal length is. In other words, a lens with a focal length equal to 100 mm set to f/2.8 and a lens with a focal length equal to 35 mm set to f/2.8 will both use the same shutter speed and ISO setting for correct exposure. Using the f-number as a measure for exposure allows the photographer to leave the focal length out of exposure calculations and light metering."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back