Next long lens

camjam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jimandlauraphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for opinions on what direction we should go for our next long telephoto lens purchase. I recently sold my Tamron 70-200 F2.8 lens to purchase a Nikon 24-70 F2.8 lens, but will need to purchase another long telephoto lens before soccer season starts in the fall. My wife and I are currently shooting a D7000 and a D7100. We have one Nikon 70-200 F2.8 which we love. I sold the Tamron because after we purchased the Nikon 70-200 lens; we found the Tamron did not focus as quickly as the Nikon. Another Nikon 70-200 F2.8 is in the budget, but would like to upgrade (if possible) to a a lens with a focal length of 300mm. A Nikon 300mm F2.8 is not in the budget. Any lens we purchase would need to be F2.8 due to the low light conditions we shot.

Please let me know your thoughts on what lens would complement the 70-200 we currently own.

I've been struggling with the decision myself for about a month, although on the Canon side. If my budget was large enough for a new 70-200, then I would absolutely go for a used 300 f2.8. I don't know about Nikon, but Canon's are built great and it would be tough to really hurt one too badly. I would have no qualms about a used one, and at $2,300 you should be able to find one easily. Another option I've been considering is the Sigma 120-300 f2.8. That sounds like a really fun lens, and they just released a brand new model, so you could probably get an older copy for around your budget.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back