next step

spyder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i started out with a d50 and got some good shots. after about a year i got a d80. i have acquired various accessories such as a sb600, 70-300 nikkor lense, the 18-55 kit lense, and the 50mm 1.8.

my question is that now that i am pretty comfortable with my camera and gear, what are some good sources (websites, books, magazines, etc.) to really polish my pictures.

i think it will be fun to do some freelancing when i get to college, so i want to learn how to take really good pictures.

so far i have only read through the manual, a d50 field guide book, and a few websites when i ran across problems.

thank you very much

First, any photography forum like TPF is the best source, many real life experiences from other members are amazing, then you can get yourself some answers from your questions, and mostly more accurate (some are bias).

Then, I like reading Magazines, they give you more readable example, with great picture, I have some of my favorite magazines. IMHO.

my favorite web is www.google.com you can type anything there and I guarantee you will be satisfied with the result :)

How about a tripod?

Really, the best thing is knowledge and experience...so I'd suggest trying to find some more experienced photographers and learn from them.

tripod is a good suggestion, but i have a good tripod...five actually, one for each d80. its funny that you said to find a more experienced photographer because my photo teacher and friend just moved away. thanks for the reply

I don't see any posts of your photos requesting a serious critique. Posting and learning from people's opinions and suggestions about your work is one of the best ways to learn.

Experience is the only way.

Most reactions

Back