Next try. Hows this one guys?

TMBPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_0510.jpg

C + C pls

What is it? Mountains? Cant tell.. and since you cut the foreground off, there is nothing for context. Also looks underexposed, and has a strange color cast. Those are obviously clouds. There isn't really a subject.. I guess it is meant to be a landscape?

yep, mountains. The sun was setting so this is what the color looked like at the end of the day. I tried 20 different exposures and iso's. This one seemed to look the best to my untrained eye. Still learning how to operate this thing.

here is the original. kinda bland foreground so I cropped it out. You think it looks better left in?

IMG_0509.jpg

yep, mountains. The sun was setting so this is what the color looked like at the end of the day. I tried 20 different exposures and iso's. This one seemed to look the best to my untrained eye. Still learning how to operate this thing.

here is the original. kinda bland foreground so I cropped it out. You think it looks better left in?

Yes.... it tells us what the whole picture is... :)

One Minute Edit .....

img_0510b.jpg

Still not sure of the subject, but I straigntened the horizon, moved the white and black points, kicked the saturation a little bit, and saved it. About a minute total.

this clouds look ominous now. :) I don't think I really do have a subject. Its just our biggest mountain in the state so its photographed a lot.

Last edited:
wow, it looks like you just really missed somehow... or the sky was really fuzzy... or both. dunno. The base quality of the image has some very major issues that make it essentially unsalvagable.

wow, it looks like you just really missed somehow... or the sky was really fuzzy... or both. dunno. The base quality of the image has some very major issues that make it essentially unsalvagable.

what could I do to make it salvageable?

TMBPhotography said:
what could I do to make it salvageable?

Reshoot it.
Mt Mansfield??

yes, Mount Mansfield from St. Mikes vantage point. yes, reshoot it but what settings are going to give me a decent image? I tried all sorts of things.

Yes, reshoot it.

I might try a smaller aperture. Watch your focus, considering manual focus to infinity, but be aware not all lenses have infinity marked right. Make sure you get the exposure right.

Most reactions

Back