Niagara Falls

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

I was just in Canada and took a trip to the falls. I took this shot and just wanted to share it.

rit5sk.jpg

Danny

picture looks like it's been resized then enlarged. other than that, looks really nice.

picture looks like it's been resized then enlarged. other than that, looks really nice.

Yes, it looks very fuzzy, in a weird sort of way. Every time I see a photo of that waterfall, I think of the news story I read about the last guy to go over it and live...he was apparently trying to commit suicide, but he survived, and was really pissed off about it afterwards!!!

Very nice. I like the colors...

I was there in May this year. Took many shots but none worthy to show. This was a great shot! T is very difficult due to the mist

I was there in May this year. Took many shots but none worthy to show. This was a great shot! T is very difficult due to the mist

Thanks! It is difficult. I stood in the same spot for about 2 hours trying to get the right shot. Eventually I just started to click away and then sorted it out when I got home.

Danny

Yes, it looks very fuzzy, in a weird sort of way. Every time I see a photo of that waterfall, I think of the news story I read about the last guy to go over it and live...he was apparently trying to commit suicide, but he survived, and was really pissed off about it afterwards!!!

Hey Derrel. It's this damn 60D. :)

Seriously, maybe it's the mist that makes it look that way? It was weird being there. One minute it was raining on you and the next it wasn't. It was tough!

Last edited:
Beautiful. Amazing mist and lighting effect. I like the purple and red cloud. I was there two years ago. What len did u use? and what mode and aperture did u shoot at?

You should stand far away from the subject. Let me guess, I assume you used a telephoto zoom len at large focal length and long exposure. And the aperture could be f/11.

You should stand far away from the subject. Let me guess, I assume you used a telephoto zoom len at large focal length and long exposure. And the aperture could be f/11.

Hi Richards,

Thanks for the comment. I used a 17-40@19mm. The exposure was about 6 seconds or so and the ISO was set to 100.

Danny

Nice scene but yes I agree with the comments about how it looks like it was resized weirdly or something. Look at the clouds in the middle of the scene, it looks quite pixellated.

It is kind of hazy/fuzzy, but looks good. I hope to go one day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back