NIC Unit Suggestions?

sarisotta_21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have any tips on shooting a baby in the NIC Unit? My sister in law just had a baby & she is just precious 2lbs 3oz very tiny!! They said I could take pictures but no flash, I have to take them through the thick plastic because no one is allowed to hold her just yet! But I wanted to get some great pics of her...any suggestions?? The lighting is not that fantastic....

You are going to be shooting through some tough elements.

The baby may be under UV light so you may need to push the color around to get a natural look. Some incubators have double walls so reflections may play havoc with the photo of the baby. It might be very bright in the NICU with different light sources.

My suggestion would be to get as close to the incubator or if you can get a rubber lens hood and put it right onto the plexiglass, that should help/eliminate any reflections from the room's lights. Probably the best angle would be from the top. A lot of incubators have a straight but sloping top (think like a hexagon) and on the sloped top is probably the best place ... of course there may be a multitude of medical equipment in the way then try to get from the front. Unfortunately there usually are portholes for the staff to take care of the baby around the sides.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back