Nice bugs...

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since I've been taking pictures of mean stinging bugs I figured I'd go after a few butterflies. :)

3267-butterfly1.jpg

That same photo in B&W
3267-butterfly1BW.jpg

here's another angle also in B&W
3267-butterfly2.jpg

Hope you like them! :)

-Chris

it's strange because i would have thought a butterfly should be taken in colour, but you've managed to make it work in black and white too, i actually prefare the black and white version #2. Also like the movement captured in the wing

I like these a lot, especially the B&W. Nice flowers, too :)

I like these. Have you tried converting everything B&W in the 1st with the exception of the butterfly?

I bit too much blur for me on the first two (although the B&W seems to steady the shot a bit), but I would love the see #3 in color.

RoRoCo said:
I bit too much blur for me on the first two (although the B&W seems to steady the shot a bit), but I would love the see #3 in color.

This is almost exactly what i was thinking... i don't really care much for the motion blur in #1, but really like it in the b&w for some reason, and I find myself wishing you had posted #3 in color too...

we had this same species of butterfly in our botanical gardens but they would never sit still. every photo i took of them came out blurry... :grumpy:

nice shots :thumbup:

Brilliant, Chris! I've been wanting to try that for a long time but it almost never works. The blur on the wing is just right. And like John, I like both 1 & 2 but prefer 2.

Peter

Most reactions

Back