No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this last night. C&C if you want.
4316456298_0b5f290dfb_o.jpg

TJ

Last edited:
Ya figured it was a bit underexposed I just didn't want to get that bright halo effect all around the moon and loose some detail.

Sorry computer is like acting weird triple post wtf?

That looks pretty good. I wish I would have got my ass outside and took some pictures of it but it was so cold!

Thanks. Ya down here in south Florida it was only about 65-70 degrees outside lol.
TJ

I like it, i wanted to try to take some pictures of the moon last night as well but it was freezing cold outside and snowing.

Looks a little noisy/grainy but besides that I like it. I wish I got outside to take a snap of that moon.

It was at 100 ISO. It's a kind of big crop but not too bad. I don't think it's really grainy or anything you can see the moon surface and all that.
TJ

ISO 100? Are you sure? There's a heck of a lot of color noise there for ISO 100. What kind of camera was it?

It also looks under-exposed to me. It looks like it could've been exposed for at least 2x longer while still not over-exposing and that would also help eliminate some of the noise.

ISO 100? Are you sure? There's a heck of a lot of color noise there for ISO 100. What kind of camera was it?

It also looks under-exposed to me. It looks like it could've been exposed for at least 2x longer while still not over-exposing and that would also help eliminate some of the noise.

Nikon D90. I did some of the longer exposure but didn't like the little halo around it. Just checked ISO 100 it is.

I have a few more but I just can't get that detail like some of the ones I see on flickr mine kind of look flat with no real sense of depth and the craters and all that good stuff. I know my longest lens is only 200mm but still I was hoping for more.

Full Moons are tough. So bright and such high contrasts to the rest of the sky. I find my best luck at f/8, ISO 100, and ~1/125 on a bright moon.

I have a few more but I just can't get that detail like some of the ones I see on flickr mine kind of look flat with no real sense of depth and the craters and all that good stuff. I know my longest lens is only 200mm but still I was hoping for more.

Yeah, they look flat because the light's not right. You need to add a brighter key light and thus increase the shadow side's density. I would suggest procuring one of those old 1980's style 1,000,000,000,000 candle-power 1,000-spotlight arrays and a 100 foot diameter parabolic mirror and aiming that at the moon, to get a more 3-dimensional, richer, more vivid look.:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back