Nifty Fifty Price

RNBzie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a friend who is getting a great deal on a Canon 50mm f/1.2...now she wants to get rid of her old Canon 50mm f/1.8.

Question...she is asking for $50 for her Fifty...the lens is in excellent shape, do you think I should pick it up?

I currently have a 85mm f/1.8 prime already, but I feel that the Nifty Fifty would be a great addition to my arsenal...Someone please chime in!

As long as the lens is in good condition $50 sounds like a great deal. I shoot nikon and the 50mm for nikons go for $100 so if the price is similar for new canon lenses this deal is one you should jump on.

If it functions correctly, and has no visible wear, it's worth it. However, if there's any visible wear, I'd be wary...the thing isn't exactly a panzer..so what it looks on the outside could very well mess up the inside.

Which 50mm f1.8 is it?

Plastic mount or metal mount?

If plastic.. thats a fine price

If metal.. then be a good friend and give them a little more.

I just confirmed it is the plastic mount...I believe its exactly the same lens at the B&H link Johnboy sent...she and I work in the same office just different department, she just called me this AM so I havent even got a chance to inspect the lens yet, but she swears it is in excellent shape.

$50 and you can examine it yourself?

Heck, the way prices are running that is about a trip for 2 to MickyD's.

$50 and you can examine it yourself?

Heck, the way prices are running that is about a trip for 2 to MickyD's.

Exactly..especially if my girlfriend is the other person.

("Ya I'll have this and this and this and 3 of those"
"You know you're not gonna eat it"
"ya but I want a little bit of everything"
"You just love spending my money don't you?")

hahaha.

Seriously, I'd love to be getting good deals like that. Too bad I live in Canada, and the only Canon shooter I know well enough to do stuff like that is my brother.

Most reactions

Back