Night City Scape

doziergraphic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C please

Used ISO 100 at 10 seconds here, lots of noise. Would it be better to go higher ISO for fewer seconds?

I didn't find this spot til about midnight after shooting for a couple hours in downtown area, so didn't spend as much time in the spot to do a lot of experimenting, but I can easily get to this spot, so plan to revisit quite a bit more often.

f/5, 10 seconds, ISO 100, 50mm

IMG_0131_8_9_10_Indy_Nights_web.jpg

No higher ISO for night photography. But definitely a smaller aperture so that your bright light sources don't come out as big, bright, overexposed blobs. You need the smaller aperture (and then most likely even more exposure than 10 seconds) so that smaller amounts of light can reach the sensor at a time, and what light there is does not all arrive at once through the big opening, but slowly, well dosed, through the small opening.

hoping to get back out there tonight and I'll try some 20-30 second shots. I thought the longer the exposure the more noise you'd get, which is why I went to 5-seconds.

It was the end of a two-or-three hours of wondering around downtown, and was about midnight when I shot it, so I wasn't even sure how my focusing was going, much less the 'noise' I was going to get.

Thanks for the feedback!

C&C please

Used ISO 100 at 10 seconds here, lots of noise. Would it be better to go higher ISO for fewer seconds?

I didn't find this spot til about midnight after shooting for a couple hours in downtown area, so didn't spend as much time in the spot to do a lot of experimenting, but I can easily get to this spot, so plan to revisit quite a bit more often.

f/5, 10 seconds, ISO 100, 50mm

IMG_0131_8_9_10_Indy_Nights_web.jpg
I can't see your pic. I'm curious about third convo. I'm new to photography just bought a Nikon d 5300 with kit lens and I will primarily be photographing city dawn early morning skyline or urban pictures. Trying to figure out what lens to buy that I can use most often

Most reactions

Back