Night Park Scape

Desire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Photo forum!

I know I haven't been active here, but once in a while I like to post. I took this photo the other day at night in one of the parks here. I really enjoyed the reflections and colors and view from here, I was wondering what you think. I think I made a huge mistake on using a higher ISO because there's a bit of noise... argh! I just wonder what your thoughts are about this particular photo! Thank you for your time.

30 second exposure
Iso 400
F7.1

IMG_6481test2LikeBEST.jpg

Cool concept. Looks like the horizon might be slightly off, (maybe just the bridge throwing me off). Yeah, it's a little dirty, did you do any noise reduction yet?

If you've got the room you might consider cropping it a bit tighter so you can see the water and buildings better. The white table looking structure on the left (mushroom shape) kind of pulls my eye away from the rest of the photo.

Cool concept. Looks like the horizon might be slightly off, (maybe just the bridge throwing me off). Yeah, it's a little dirty, did you do any noise reduction yet?

If you've got the room you might consider cropping it a bit tighter so you can see the water and buildings better. The white table looking structure on the left (mushroom shape) kind of pulls my eye away from the rest of the photo.

Hmm... maybe it's the bridge... I am not sure.. but if I made the back horizon level, the bridge would look off. It is also a bit hilly over there.

I haven't done any noise reduction, nope. I honestly haven't learned how to do that! I will look into it because I seem to have a few photos with some noise.

I thought the rock table thing was cool! :lol: I might crop it just to see what it looks like.

Thanks for the C&C :)

I thought the rock table thing was cool!

Is this someplace you can go back to? You might consider taking a few paces to the left and position the table more under the bridge, and maybe try to get someone to sit still on that bench for half a minute. Then you could also try it with lower ISO to try to clean up some of the noise without having to go into PP. (I'm not good with PP and don't do it much, so I know your pain.)

I thought the rock table thing was cool!

Is this someplace you can go back to? You might consider taking a few paces to the left and position the table more under the bridge, and maybe try to get someone to sit still on that bench for half a minute. Then you could also try it with lower ISO to try to clean up some of the noise without having to go into PP. (I'm not good with PP and don't do it much, so I know your pain.)

I can definitely go back to this place again. I want to, but the dark there really creeps me out. I was with a friend when I took this shot, just to make me feel more safe. I will get another shot of this though, eventually.

I like this shot, but the noise is a bit distracting. Have you applied any sort of noise reduction yet?

Nice photo with good coloring.. Since the table and setting is part of your subject you could still brighten it up some in that area.........

I don't think that 400 is a high ISO and would likely clean up with just a little despeckling. Perhaps next time you could take a couple of shots at different f-stop/shutter combinations and keep the ISO at 200. If it's a night shot and you have a tripod, then there isn't much reason to kick the ISO up........ :D

Nice photo with good coloring.. Since the table and setting is part of your subject you could still brighten it up some in that area.........

I don't think that 400 is a high ISO and would likely clean up with just a little despeckling. Perhaps next time you could take a couple of shots at different f-stop/shutter combinations and keep the ISO at 200. If it's a night shot and you have a tripod, then there isn't much reason to kick the ISO up........ :D

Yes, and I've done this with a few photos of mine! I can't seem to get the hint :lol: I am sticking to ISO 100 for night shots and that's final!

So I tried to look at some noise reduction tutorials... but they didn't work for me. What do you guys use for this? I have tried a few tutorials and I just got annoyed that TWO of them didn't do nothing... unless I did them completely wrong, but I read the instructions... :x

Most reactions

New Topics

Back