HoboSyke

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
newportbweb2es5.jpg

#2 Same as above but uncropped. Which do you prefer?
newportwebpl9.jpg

newport2webii4.jpg

bangerswebwr3.jpg

prefer the very first in terms of crop. is it slightly tilted to the right side though?
Anyway, the trees give a nice framing.

[edited stupid typos ;)]

ok, I see. I know that i am overobsessed with the tilt-subject ;) That is manly because I do scan framed slides alot. And ther you often get tilting due to mechanical reasons. so I always have to correct. ...;-P

If a Landscape is tilted, it is always good to have something perpendicular in your image as a reference.

I think I almost like the uncropped version a bit better. Keeps the horizon line just this bit more above the central line of the frame. I see there`s a lot of just black there which might as easily go ... but then there is this one street light down there at the bottom providing one dot of light ... so for me the uncropped version works.

What was your aperture chosen for these then?

What lens did you mount for 3?
It is the same town, same vantage point, only more zoomed in ... and still this clear. Cool!

LaFoto said:
I think I almost like the uncropped version a bit better. Keeps the horizon line just this bit more above the central line of the frame. I see there`s a lot of just black there which might as easily go ... but then there is this one street light down there at the bottom providing one dot of light ... so for me the uncropped version works.

What was your aperture chosen for these then?

What lens did you mount for 3?
It is the same town, same vantage point, only more zoomed in ... and still this clear. Cool!

The aperture was f/10 and 30 sec exposure ISO 100.

The 3rd shot was the same lens used for all of these. The EF 24-70mm. :greenpbl:

nice shots hobo, i really enjoy night exposures... i like the last one too, maybe it could use a little more contrast?

:thumbup:

I prefer the one without the trees, their being out of focus in the first two pics detracted from the appeal of the night shot for me.

Most reactions

Back