What's new

Night Session

JimmyO

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
2,131
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

4444130033_066b1985fc_b.jpg


4444130301_409dcd7ac3_b.jpg


4444901002_d0c8879a75_b.jpg


4444900748_3cf96e25d4_b.jpg


4444129107_5c0e3eea48_b.jpg


4444900352_09dabc340a_b.jpg


4444128645_2698c4b9f5_b.jpg


amd one from earlier

4444899300_65a1b9e09c_b.jpg
 
Jimmy
Be honest, who was having more fun, you or the rider? ;)

I love the contrast of the night shots, and your angles. It is easy to tell you are enjoying yourself, the photos show it.
Nice work!!

On your next trip out shooting the rider, try something different.
 
Looks good, what was your lighting setup? And some of the meta data for the pictures?
 
Great shots! Angles, curves, all beautiful:) And while the night shots are good, I still have to say I like the last one best- the bright blue sky with the bicycle in the air..All of these are fun!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #6
Jimmy
Be honest, who was having more fun, you or the rider? ;)

I love the contrast of the night shots, and your angles. It is easy to tell you are enjoying yourself, the photos show it.
Nice work!!

On your next trip out shooting the rider, try something different.

The great thing about being a photographer is when im not in the mood to ride or i just get bored i can whip out the bag and have some fun. Thanks abunch for the kind words

Looks good, what was your lighting setup? And some of the meta data for the pictures?

All these of these but the 2nd were shot with 2 SB-28s fired with Cybersyncs. All the pictures varied with what i had the camera set to but there probably anywhere between iso 100-400, f/2.8-f/4 (prolly f/8 for the last) and most were shot around 1/200 but the bench one was at 1/8 i think

Great shots! Angles, curves, all beautiful:) And while the night shots are good, I still have to say I like the last one best- the bright blue sky with the bicycle in the air..All of these are fun!

The turn down is sick. Great pictures man.
thanks guys!
 
Nice shots.
I have a friend at work who rides and he keeps asking me to meet up with him and his buddies at the local skate part to get some shots. He is easily amazed by photography, so I'm sure if I could get something like this, it would go over well.

I'm trying to nail the daylight, dark ambient, flash shots. Have any more like the last?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #9
Nice shots.
I have a friend at work who rides and he keeps asking me to meet up with him and his buddies at the local skate part to get some shots. He is easily amazed by photography, so I'm sure if I could get something like this, it would go over well.

I'm trying to nail the daylight, dark ambient, flash shots. Have any more like the last?

I typed up a decent sized post with a handfull of examples but accident hit back and lost it. Basically if its a sunny day your gonna be at around iso 100, f/8-16 1/250 and your flashes at 1/1. Your gonna need your flashes within 8-12 feet and if you zoom them in you can get a stop or 2 more power from them. Good luck. Also dont shoot wide angle unless its a fisheye. Wide angle distorts action the wrong way and makes stuff looks stupid.
 
The fisheye shots are pretty boring IMO because they look like every other BMX/skateboard shot out there. It's just so overused and it only really works when you are really close to the rider, otherwise it creates a very disconnected feel.
 
The fisheye shots are pretty boring IMO because they look like every other BMX/skateboard shot out there. It's just so overused and it only really works when you are really close to the rider, otherwise it creates a very disconnected feel.

go on. Do you have an examples of your work to show how to properly use a fisheye? Im sorry im really lost here and you seem to really know what your talking about.

Thanks!
 
The third photo I really liked cause of the amazing curves! Good work. Hard to get a good balance with lighting at night...
 
The brakes fell off of that young lad's bike...

The only people I know who ride brakes are those who just ride skateparks or dirt jumps

Id rather not snap my finger off on a brake lever when i miss the bar during a barspin.... Also makes working on bikes soo much easier. And if you land 270 on a 360 and bend your rear wheels theres no brakes for the wheel to rub against.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom