night shoot

bitteraspects

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just looking for some honest opinions...

5_003.jpg

14_v2.0.jpg

11.jpg

3_002.jpg

2_140.jpg

12_050.jpg

web2_000.jpg

4_086.jpg

bitteraspects said:
nobody???

Well.... there's quite a lot to adress here. You might have more luck posting these one at time. Even though they're from the same series, there are many dissimilarities.

I'll start with the 3rd one. I was drawn to it more than the others. The postioning of your subject is good. The leading lines formed by the railing bring you right to her. Additionally, the lighting ratio is working to bring my eye right to your model. The departure from natural color bothers me less in this view too.

The shadows on the ground are interesting. Have you thought about cloning out the lamp and pole in the background? I like the depth of the setting.

Pete

nah i never thought of doing that. i dont like to mess with the pics too much. i prefer to take them in for what they are. i dont do any real post production. just a little sharpness adjustment and add text. thats about it.
maybe ill hgive it a shot though. thanks

2nd to the last is a little blury, and the last one could maybe use a little burn over the shine on her forhead and nose (not too much though) Oh yeah and maybe desaturate it a little so she doesn't look too orange in her face

I love everything about the third one. Nice ambient light, nice placement, great expression....it's all good. I'd be all over the first one if you had A)cropped way in, or B) included her fingers.
I like the playfulness of the 4th and the last one. Nice expressions.
Don't think for a moment that a few minutes in post production takes away from the art. The first photo reminds me a lot of Yervants famous photo of the bride beneath the parking garage light. Yervant took a nice photo out of camera and made it great with post (although my guess is that I would have peed myself if I came out with something as good as he does straight out of camera. Hehe) . He didn't lose the ambient light, nor the art.
Embrace some post processing, and these could be standout. Just my two pennies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back