Night shots of a Pulp Mill

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is as close to big city lights as we get around here :lol:

IMG_0642b.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

I like the ambient light. The plumes of smoke are very strong. What were you thinking in regards to the specular highlights? I am guessing that you used the dreaded "star" filter?

wow you have this cool star filter... it gives amazing effects!

I'm with robhesketh I think he just used a very small apature to get the star effect, but I could be wrong. Cruzin this is my kind of photography, I like them both.The top of the tree line in the second looks a little odd, could just be me. Nice work!

Thanks everyone.

Graig, Pursuer and Robheskieth are right, with Robheskieth hitting the aperature value right on @ f22 with a 50mm lense

holy crap... I didn't know that you can achieve star effect by closing the apperture! thanks for an advice!! :D

number two is great, I like the way the steam goes horizontal on the left side, but the one on the right is sheltered, so has a bit more of a chance of swirling around.

#2 rocks Cruzin as everyone has already said! :thumbup:

what can i say my friend? your pictures are a definate inspiration to me as i've said before. new equipment doesn't create an image, it only encourages and excites us to explore and become better, which you have in so many ways. these days, i look so forward to your posts and find great delight in what you seem to stumble upon. excellent work!!!!

Thanks again everyone.

Really glad your liking the pictures JonMikal. I have been working hard at it. What the new gear has allowed me to do is expand my range. Thank you for the encouragement, much appreaciated.

I just love that second shot, also never knew you could get a star effect by using F22, hope you don't mind if I give it a try sometime myself.

Most reactions

Back