Night shots.

domromer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After seeing so many evening shots here I thought I'd try some my self.

On some of the shots you can see were the light from the light posts get a little outta hand. Any ideas how to sharpen up that light to more of a point?

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

The 2nd and last one are really good! I do really like how on the third one the car lights are running through on the street, adds a really nice but subtle effect.

After seeing so many evening shots here I thought I'd try some my self.

On some of the shots you can see were the light from the light posts get a little outta hand. Any ideas how to sharpen up that light to more of a point?

not too much of an expert myself... but try playing around with ur shutter speed, till you get the light source right...
my 2 cents..

I imagine a much smaller fstop might be what I need. I'd need to switch to the bulb setting which creates a whole new set of problems.

For a first attempt at night shots, they are pretty good. But a longer exposure and f-stop of f11 to f16 would help.

I agree, I limited by a max 30 sec exposure, after that it's the bulb setting and I don't have a remote yet. I tried f16/f22 but didn't have enough light at 30sec. I was shooting at iso100.

Love the colors, also your avatar is cool

the last one has really nice framing with the bushes...

It might get grainy, but try bumping up your ISO to 200 or 400 and try the smaller f-stop to experiment and see if you can get the look you want. That is..unless & until you get a remote. :)

I've found a circular polarizing filter adds allot. Also if you have an E.V or white balance setting on your cam, you can get rid of the orange tint you get from street lamps. If you want to of course!!

I've found a circular polarizing filter adds allot. Also if you have an E.V or white balance setting on your cam, you can get rid of the orange tint you get from street lamps. If you want to of course!!

I'll try the polarizer next time and I'll shoot in raw. I had a heck of a time balancing the WB.

shooting raw makes things a lot easier with white balance issues, longer exposures might be cool too, see if you can bring out the sky

I'll have to wait until I get the remote. I maxed these out at 30 secs. I try earlier in the night next time. Try to get some atmospheric light.

wow really, at what ISO and aperature... they look a lot darker than my 30 sec exposures at f5.6 iso 200...

They were all taken at between f7-f11 at 20/25/30 secs. I know I could have opened it up some but I really wanted some decent DOF.

Most reactions

Back