What's new

Night time + a car + lightning = :-)

boomer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
381
Reaction score
55
Location
Peoria, AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first time ever getting a shot of lightning! And it happened to be a picture with my car as well. So I was pretty excited :)

Taken at:
25 seconds
f/16
ISO:200


Let me know what you think!

DSC_2399.jpg
 
Nice. Do you still have the RAW file? Orange is a soft warm gentle colour. White balancing it to a colder colour would add to the baddassness of the image.
 
i don't like the composition btw ;o)
 
The second version is much better. Love the shot. Is that lightning real or did you edit it in ?
 
The second version is much better
heh, i wasn't even trying.. just a few seconds in photoshop :)
thanks
 
25 seconds! really good luck! I tried 2 minutes and got nothing~~
:thumbup:
 
I agree about the comp, seems a bit too weighted on the right for me.
 
Thanks for the little edit! Looks great. I'll have to play around with them in photoshop a little. this photo has no other photoshop besides a resize and slight sharpening. Ya, i had the camera on the coldest white balance setting as well, 2500k. On auto white balance the pictures looked horrible!

Edit: Here was my first shot of the night, set to auto white balance :( Not so great. Changed it to 2500k after this shot.

DSC_2393.jpg
 
Last edited:
Ok, I played with the color levels a little bit and this is what i came up with. What do you think?

Test.jpg
 
I actually like the first shot best, as the yellow foreground is a great contrast to the blue background.
 
i like the picture where you adjusted the picture to make the car its true color.. the focus is the car.. the lightning just adds to the awsomeness.
 
I like them all!!!!! edited or not!!! Great shot!!

I need some storms soon so I can get some lightning!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom