NIght time, a light house and a cell phone

freeze3kgt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
trying to convince the fiance to get a dslr, because she likes to go shooting with me ! yay!

soooo took her out at night * hehe* so she can see the difference in her point and shoot sony vs a dslr :D

a few turned out not to shabby feel free to cc just thought i'd share

f/7.1
iso 100
65 sec @ 18mm

52510074.jpg

this second one i tryed to use my cell phone to make our initials inside a heart but the heart turned into a circle, eh you can see my khaki shorts in the bottom right in the water doh :(

f/ 7.1
iso 100
54secs @ 18mm

52510075.jpg

Although I'm not technically gifted enough to comment on the specifics, I will say I like your idea with the second one :thumbup:

seen it on some pictures before and wanted to try it myself.. but i didnt come prepared so improvised with my cell.... tryed it a few times and that was the only one that even came close to being able to tell what it was

i think if i were to do it again i'd move the horizon down a bit and try to move the moon and the light house into the rule of 3rds cross sections but i wasnt even sure how these would turn out with the bulb feature

I dont think the 2nd really fits. You got it in there "aw" but really it does nothing for the picture. For the lighthouse on 1 I would crop some of the bottom and use RoT. like ya mentioned. Maybe try getting a little closer to it? idk
just my opinion i took a shot at it. Keep in mind im still learning.
sharpened, bumped the saturation, cropped, brighter
52510074.jpg

thanks for your thoughts!

the 2nd photo was more just for fun, i seen it done on the internet and tv before and thought i'd have a go at it, and like i mentioned before i was trying to make a Heart around the A and W (the fiance and my initials, its cheesy i know but couldnt think of anything else to try to "write or draw") but kinda hard to see what your drawing when you dont have something to draw on.. if that makes since hehe

love to see your pp but link is dead i guess :(

Hmm it was up but got bumped off.. oh well. Its silly to do those types of shots but it makes them real happy! So its worth it! I did one for my girlfriend one night :)
One thing i did was a 20 second exposure and painted for about 5 sec and went and sat really still within the heart for 15 sec so i was in the painting of light. came out ok but would need work for it to look as I would like... its fun.

i want to try something like that but use a flash to make the person show up with out having to hold still, :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back