What's new

AHH QUICK BEFORE THE BATTERY DIES AND THE SUN GOES DOWN!!!! EEK!!

Skhigh

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
119
Reaction score
16
Location
Nashville
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have been waiting patiently for these magnolias to bloom...I have never seen one before in person so I was very excited. The tree is in my neighbor's yard and she loves when I photograph her flowers. Last night I glanced over to the tree and there it was...The sun was just about set and I figured I could wait til today...however there was a chance of rain so I decided that I better get over there ASAP....Just my luck, my battary was almost completely exhausted from the shoot earlier so I had to keep switching it on and off..lol I think they turned out pretty well! They are a little soft but I kinda like it.
C&C WELCOME!!

f/7.1
Exposure time: 1/100 sec
ISO 400
Focal Length- 40 mm
Aperture 4.97
$4.webp$5.webp$6.webp
 
Last edited:
Nice photos! You say your "battery"; don't you have more than one? I personally will not use any of my digital cameras without one or more spare batteries at hand. Just like running out of film with a film camera, always have more on hand than you think you'll need. And all of my spare batteries are clones bought cheaply on eBay. Work fine for me.
 
lol...until recently I never had to worry about my battery because I would just take pics for fun. Now that I have decided to take it further I use my camera a lot more. Im such a nutball cause I know that having a spare battery is extremely important but I keep spacing it when I go check out stuff online...they don't sell my battery in stores..(sony) so today it is my mission to go and get one online...
 
Check out eBay for batteries. I've gotten two for around $10.00, postpaid from Chinese sellers. Delivery in less than two weeks too. Just type in your camera model in the search box, add "battery". When the list comes up, do a sort on "Lowest price plus shipping first" and pick what you want. Usually best to check for deals with more than one battery (add "2x" after battery in your search), won't cost much more.
 
Nice set. I really like the 1st picture the best for it's composition.

No excuse for not having a spare battery. I won't even go out with one of my P&S cameras without a spare set of AA batteries. For my Nikon I have two Nikon batteries both always fully charged. 1st thing I do when I come home from a shoot is to download the NEF files, then pop the battery and charge it. I replace that battery with the fully charged one. If both need charging, then I make sure I charge both. Miss a geat shot or two because of a dead battery, and you'll never make that mistake again.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom