Night time photo too dark

Samuinick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I took some photos on my iPhone last night as I thought someone was in my garden or my neighbours garden which is unoccupied. They have come out very dark and I can't make out if anyone is there.

Any tips or suggestions?

Man thanks in advance
Nick

Attachments

• IMG_1168.jpg
    IMG_1168.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1172.jpg
    IMG_1172.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1170.jpg
    IMG_1170.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1171.jpg
    IMG_1171.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1169.jpg
    IMG_1169.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 79
Looks like you're alone...

IMG_1168.jpg IMG_1169.jpg IMG_1170.jpg IMG_1171.jpg IMG_1172.jpg

Though cameras are getting better with each new generation, they are not magic, they need enough light to work.

1 - Shoot wide open, the lowest numeric f stop.

2 - Use a flash, or a higher powered flash than the one built in.

3 - Use higher ISO.

4 - Use a flashlight.

Your flash was on, and the phone exposes for what it sees, which is the immediate scene in front of the phone. Once that area is lit up by the phone's LED, it's not capable of looking any farther into the darkness.

You have to have light to take a picture, and the flash LED provides that light, but only out to a certain distance, which isn't very far on a phone.

Your flash was on, and the phone exposes for what it sees, which is the immediate scene in front of the phone. Once that area is lit up by the phone's LED, it's not capable of looking any farther into the darkness.

You have to have light to take a picture, and the flash LED provides that light, but only out to a certain distance, which isn't very far on a phone.
I missed that it was a phone camera.

I’m honestly surprised it did as well as it did.

phone camera flashes are not really that powerful compared to dSLR cameras

Most reactions

New Topics

Back