Night's Dawn

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well there's one good thing about it being dull outside on your day off, you can play about in Photoshop

This is three photos layered on top of each other in Photoshop which I then played with curves, levels, hue and saturation and finally a dit of the ol' dodge n burning
1 2 3
758038000398.jpg
759038000398.jpg
760038000398.jpg

Location is, as ever, Kimmeridge Bay in Dorset

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES VERSION

C & C Welcome

You done good, son indeed.....quality work here

Looks good, rich colors fun doing that kind of stuff.

Sometime maybe try that with a time lapse over an hour or so.

You done good, son....

I like it!

Why not HDR? Was the original shot, #2 or #1?

Mainly because HDR would of brought out the detail in the foreground which wasn't the effect I was after

The 3 little thumbnails were all separate exposures layered on top of each other, 1 being the bottom layer, 2 the middle and 3 the top

You done good, son indeed.....quality work here

ta

Whoa, that's purdy purdy purdy!!

cheers

Absolutely beautiful!

thanks

Wow, that's beautiful!

thank you

Looks good, rich colors fun doing that kind of stuff.

Sometime maybe try that with a time lapse over an hour or so.

go for it

As everyone else has already said, great picture.

Being new to photoshop and post processing in general, perhaps you can help me understand something here? You've taken three shots and added different colours to the sky/foreground and then merged them together. Could the same result be achieve just by playing with one image? Or am I missing something?

Mike

As everyone else has already said, great picture.

Being new to photoshop and post processing in general, perhaps you can help me understand something here? You've taken three shots and added different colours to the sky/foreground and then merged them together. Could the same result be achieve just by playing with one image? Or am I missing something?

Mike

The 3 shots I had taken I had used 2 filters, a tobacco grad and a FLW grad, but as the weather was pretty dull today and I was bored out of skull I thought I'd play with PS and just came up with that shot, by chance.

If Cokin did a Red grad filter in X-Pro I probably would of got the same result. And I'm sure a PS expert could of done it with just one photo but I was just playing and all of a sudden I had the above image, pure luck. Didn't start playing to get that result it just happened

Stunning!

I'm not much on high saturation, but everything works great together here. It's not overly saturated, it's dramatic :)

The 3 shots I had taken I had used 2 filters, a tobacco grad and a FLW grad
Now it makes sense. I had assumed you were adding all the colour in photoshop. At the moment I only have ND filters and guessed I would add filter effects in photoshot if I wanted. From your gallery photos it appears that you prefer to add the filter when you take the shot.

Mike

Most reactions

Back