limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a #2 fan as well. Just good to see someone do film still. If I had a little money to build a darkroom I could set up again. I still have my 4x5 view camera and loved doing B&W film.

The second one is definitely my favorite, too.

Wow ... Leo, your kicking butt! I really like #2. Quit your English job and teach photography.

Thanks!
I think it might pay even less ;) But maybe I could do a non-credit continuing ed class. My school offers all kinds of stuff like that.

I'm a #2 fan as well. Just good to see someone do film still. If I had a little money to build a darkroom I could set up again. I still have my 4x5 view camera and loved doing B&W film.

Thank you! My goal is to have a darkroom and print myself. And one day I'll venture into large format. I actually have my pinhole that will take 4x5 sheet film, but I need a tank adapter, some light sealed trays, or a darkroom to develop it. Unless I want to just slosh it around in the Patterson and see what comes out ;)

Was thinking I liked the first one, then I saw the second one, wow is that cool! I like the last one too, these are great. Wonderful mood. I like film noir and lately have been into B&W movies that use a lot of shadows and deep blacks and lots of contrast etc. These make me think of those type films. Great set of photos.

(First one made me think of an Orson Welles movie that was on not too long ago and the name was on the tip of my tongue - The Third Man. Ever seen it?)

Thanks Sharon :)

That first one felt very "Third Man" to me when I saw how it came out.

You got me perked so I dug out some old B&W. This was my kids I did way back in 1988. 4x5 with Tri-X. I printed myself. I still have access to all that darkroom stuff. I need to get it and store for later. Would be fun again.
i-bwVqmxZ-L.jpg

Super set Leonore, I also think the second shot has got something but I really like the tunnel shot: it has a sense of mystery and intrigue that draws the viewer in, inviting them (daring them even) to walk down the steps and enter.

Hotel Empire really resonated with me. I also enjoyed the shot of the folks shooting the cellphone shot of Radio City Music Hall. Shot three, Street food, pretty much shows the one area where film still has a huge edge, specifically in the way it can handle highlights like that, at night.

These are fantastic.

Hotel Empire is my favorite, but they are all quite good.

You got me perked so I dug out some old B&W. This was my kids I did way back in 1988. 4x5 with Tri-X. I printed myself. I still have access to all that darkroom stuff. I need to get it and store for later. Would be fun again.
i-bwVqmxZ-L.jpg

Those are really nice! Love the deep shadows.

Super set Leonore, I also think the second shot has got something but I really like the tunnel shot: it has a sense of mystery and intrigue that draws the viewer in, inviting them (daring them even) to walk down the steps and enter.

Hotel Empire really resonated with me. I also enjoyed the shot of the folks shooting the cellphone shot of Radio City Music Hall. Shot three, Street food, pretty much shows the one area where film still has a huge edge, specifically in the way it can handle highlights like that, at night.

These are fantastic.

Hotel Empire is my favorite, but they are all quite good.

Thank you, gents! I appreciate the feedback :icon_hug:

Ooo! I like #3 and, of course, #2.

I didn't know you were in NYC! My wife has family in Brooklyn, so we frequent the city.

Nominated!

Ooo! I like #3 and, of course, #2.

I didn't know you were in NYC! My wife has family in Brooklyn, so we frequent the city.

I'm up in the suburbs but like to get down into the city when I can. It's only an hour.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back