Nighttime in the Rain - CC

Abby Rose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last night I took some pictures in the rain. I'd never done that before! It was fun. Everything was so much more colorful because of the puddles. :)

Anyway, I was wondering how I did on these. I like them, but that might just be because it was something I've never done before. I do that a lot, when I try something new. Its one of those "I really like these pictures!" moments, and when you go back a few months later, its one of those "man these actually suck" moments. :) I hope this isnt too many for a CC thread. Please let me know and I can delete a few.

The big pile of dirt in most of them is from construction. It's been going on forever! All the sites are flooded now.

1. The path to the cafeteria
DSC00196B.jpg

2. What I see across the street from in front of my dorm
DSC00200B.jpg

3. About the same as the last one except larger aperture
DSC00203B.jpg

4. Directly across the street
DSC00204B.jpg

5. Thats me. I wanted someone to walk into the frame here, but no one was around. So I waited for the rain to let up a bit (because there was no one to hold my umbrella over my camera either! :blushing:), and then set the self timer. Even with the lens hood though, a drop of rain got on the lens.
DSC00221B.jpg

6. About the same as the last one. The ISO on both of these was much higher than where I usually put it, because I didnt want too long of an exposure since I had to leave my camera alone in the rain. Is the noise very bad?
DSC00223B.jpg

I think they are a great start. I'm the same way, my first macro shots i thought were amazing. The more I learn about that type of photography, the more i realize how crappy my first shots were.

Sure, you could improve on these. A few have a lens flare, which may have been desired, but probably not.

Really in these I think the construction activity takes away from the image. It would have been better without the barrels and dirt hills. But hey, we can't win em all. :)

-Brian

Thank you!

Sure, you could improve on these. A few have a lens flare, which may have been desired, but probably not.

You're right. :) I have no idea how to prevent those. Tips?

Really in these I think the construction activity takes away from the image. It would have been better without the barrels and dirt hills. But hey, we can't win em all. :)

You're telling me! I wish they would go away. Noise all day long. At least the site is quiet at night. :confused:

I don't have a lot of tips. I actually haven't researched lens flare prevention much, i usually fix it by turn slightly, that's usually enough to make them go away.

I like your photo a day site. I have to check it out when I'm not at work!

Where in the Saginaw bay area do you live? I was born in Bay City. :)

I live north of Midland. I went to Bay City Public schools, though! :) BCW!

That's cool. I'm always amazed when I meet someone semi local out of all the millions of people on the Internets.

I went to bay city schools too for a while. Well, up til 2nd grade. I think the school I went to was Hampton... does that sound right?

I've lived in MI my whole life, have you been in that area long?

Yup, down in the Essexville area?
I've lived here my whole life too. I love Michigan, and I really hope that I wont have to leave to find a job after college.

Yup. Essexville is where I lived until I was 6 or 7. Then moved north. Then south west. Then East. :)

Do you go to the bay to take a lot of photos? I miss being close to a great lake... now I've got to drive at least 30 minutes!

Not too often, though I dont live far from Linwood. I dont take advantage of it. :) I'm planning to get up early a lot this summer to try some sunrises over it though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back