Nik Collection Problem

TimothyJinx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.timothymillerphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I use the Nik collection every day - I bought it back in early March. Suddenly, today, it pops up and says my trial period has expired. I contact Google support and they had me collect a bunch of info from my machine and send it to them. No response back as of yet. It's killing me to not have access to these tools! Anyone else ever had this problem?

Does it not give you an option to enter in your serial number?

Does it not give you an option to enter in your serial number?

No, I get a "Buy" button, which takes me to the website, and an "Exit" button.

Have you tried uninstalling the software and then re installing it?

I sent the support guy an email asking about the status. He said he never got my previous email with the file attachment. So I sent it again. Again he didn't receive it. Finally he had me send it to an alternate email address and he received it. Then I receive an email instructing me to uninstall the software, reinstall the software using link 1, then uninstall again and then reinstall with link 2. Seems a bit convoluted but no problem - except there was no link 1. Ugh.

Great software but so far the support is not exactly top notch!

I sent the support guy an email asking about the status. He said he never got my previous email with the file attachment. So I sent it again. Again he didn't receive it. Finally he had me send it to an alternate email address and he received it.

This is really unneeded information you gave as it really ads nothing to finding a solution to the issue with the nik software. But it sounds like there is an issue with your email.

Then I receive an email instructing me to uninstall the software, reinstall the software using link 1, then uninstall again and then reinstall with link 2. Seems a bit convoluted but no problem - except there was no link 1. Ugh.

NOT convoluted at all. Uninstalling and installing the software from a specific link to insure you are installing the most recent version is the proper next step. You not receiving the link could be that they accidentally forgot to include it or it could be another issue with YOUR email filtering things out.

Great software but so far the support is not exactly top notch!

I have had nothing but good experiences with Nic's support.

We all know that every single software support person is 100 percent expert and on top of his/her game all day every day with every single customer. We also know that when a mega-company like Google buys a small competitor as leverage against another mega-company (Facebook, in this case), that they often let things slip, and new people are often slapped into positions to replace older, better-payed workers, as a way of containing costs...

I have had nothing but outstanding customer service from Nik, before and after the sale to Google and for some time they have always wanted me to download from the site to get the most recent version rather than use the cd's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back