NIK Software Vs. OnOne Photo Tools

aramator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just got home from iraq, in california now
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
as for PS plugg-ins i am new too the field, for the most part i am with PS as well. i downloaded a trial of NIK Software Color Effex Pro 3.0 and OnOne Photo Tools. i havent been able to play around with photo tools yet, but i do like the way NIK does it. essentially all it does is make short cuts in photo shop, correct? or is it something completely different? and would it be something to look in to getting? maybe this might help some others out as well.

The NIK Effex Pro series of plug-ins (assuming they haven't changed greatly from Ver 2 which I have) are a set of software tools which integrate into Photoshop, accessed either the Filters -> Plugins menu, or by the short-cut bar that sits in your workspace area.

These tools are integrated, but they're not part of Photoshop per se; they're stand-alone applications which work on whatever image you have active in Photoshop. They are a very good, very effective set of tools for colour managment, B&W conversion, and simulating the effects of many glass filters on a digital image.

Not familiar iwth OnOne Photo Tools however

Hope that at least partly answers your question.

Most reactions

Back