Nikkor 300 mm f4.5 ED (manual focus)

Patrice

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I was just informed of having the winning bid on a government surplus Nikkor 300mm f4.5 ED manual focus prime. The bid was a princely sum of $150.00. We'll see what I purchased when it gets here. It could be real sweet:D but it could also be pretty ugly:grumpy:.

What a strange lenses "Shortest lenses Nikon make at this focal length" wonder what the Bohek is like...

The 300mm f4.5 Ed is an awesome lens. Very sharp, and well built. Works great with teleconverters, especially the tc-301

150 is a good price, as long as the glass is in decent shape, these lenses sell fr around $325 in mint condition.

Keep in mind that this lens won't meter unless you have a d1, d2, d200, d300, d700, d7000, or d3

This lens has an unusual internal focusing system that features a feather-light focusing ring rotation--when the lens is in reasonable shape. This lens model was built Nikon-tough, and can withstand some amazing use and abuse. I have seen one carried daily by a newspaper shooter for around 15 years, and the lens held up quite well. I have a nice, clean example. It's a very compact 300mm lens, with a skinny barrel. Its real secret though, is the feather-touch internal focusing system...I think you might like the 300/4.5 ED-IF.

Most reactions

Back