Nikkor 50mm AF f/1.8D problem

smag4life

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
*SOLVED* I assumed, incorrectly, that because it has a manual aperture ring, that was how to aperture was controlled. Immediately after posting the original message, I tried again, but this time used the camera rather than lens to change the aperture and it worked.

I just picked up the above mentioned lens and I am having a problem to which I am having a difficult time finding a solution. I have a D3100 and I did quite a bit of research before I purchased this lens, so I knew going in that I wouldn't have AF available. What I didn't know is that when I put the lens on, my camera wouldn't let me open up the aperture to f/1.8 (or anything other than f/22 for that matter) . It tells me to lock the lens at the smallest aperture or it won't do anything. I was hoping someone here knows how to fix this problem. 59% of the reason I bought this lens was for the speed. The other 41% was for the improved picture quality (so I hear) from a prime lens. Thanks for any help.

-AJ

Last edited:
try putting the mode on a and just dial in the fstop your wanting to use. These works with other nikon bodies with similar mounts.

Thanks Keith, forgot to start with that "little" piece of info, i was assuming he knew to start there. Silly me, you know what they say about assuming. Seems i proved that to be true:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back