What's new

Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D focus ring

waynegz1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
1
Location
San Antonio, TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my 85mm 1.8D in the mail today. I took it out of the box, and the focus ring is loose-as in if I hold the lens in my hand and make a motion with my hand (like opening a combination lock) and the focus ring moves quite a bit.

Is this normal?
 
Does it firm up when it's on your camera in AF mode?
 
Yeah it firms up when mount on the camera in AF mode, but I did the same movement while holding my 50mm 1.8 and nada.
 
That's pretty typical with the lower focal length AF lenses. My 50mm AF-D and 85mm AF-D both have very loose manual focusing.
 
That's pretty typical with the lower focal length AF lenses. My 50mm AF-D and 85mm AF-D both have very loose manual focusing.


Ahh ok.

I was just worried that this was a defect. Thanks guys!
 
Mine is slightly loose, but quite smooth.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom