Nikkor 85mm f1.8

Shipman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Flawless, only selling because I upgraded to the Sigma 135mm f1.8

$375.00 USD plus shipping and paypal fees

I have owned one of these since 2013...this is a better lens than Nikon's earlier 85mm f/1.8 models in the AF and AF-D series. This newer G-series lens does not suffer from the "purple color fringing" that the earlier 85mm f/1.8 AF and AF-D models sometimes (often) had in high-contrast situations like tree branches backlighted against the bright sky, or telephone wires against sky, or brilliant reflections on the surface of lakes or rivers: this lens performs much better than the two earlier designs!

This is an AF-S lens with an in-lens autofocus motor, so it's the right lens for the D3000-series and D5000-series models, as well as the D40 series and the D60 model. And of course, it focuses on a whole host of other higher-spec'd models like D70,D80,D90,D100,D200,D300,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D500,D700,B600,D610, Df, and so on.

I do not know this seller, and I am not giving any endorsement to this specific lens, nor to the seller, just wanted to let people know that this is one of Nikon's best performing lenses according to the DxO Mark testing of about 73 different prime lenses on the Nikon D800 camera: this lens is in the Top 4 performers of all the Nikon primes they have tested for the D800. It is a very,very CRISP imager, and this is a lens that's pretty useful for lower-light situations, and which is so,so sharp that it can be used to "Crop-in on" shots without lens issues showing up.

Last edited:
love this lens, glws.
Thanks brother.
I have owned one of these since 2013...this is a better lens than Nikon's earlier 85mm f/1.8 models in the AF and AF-D series. This newer G-series lens does not suffer from the "purple color fringing" that the earlier 85mm f/1.8 AF and AF-D models sometimes (often) had in high-contrast situations like tree branches backlighted against the bright sky, or telephone wires against sky, or brilliant reflections on the surface of lakes or rivers: this lens performs much better than the two earlier designs!

This is an AF-S lens with an in-lens autofocus motor, so it's the right lens for the D3000-series and D5000-series models, as well as the D40 series and the D60 model. And of course, it focuses on a whole host of other higher-spec'd models like D70,D80,D90,D100,D200,D300,D1,D2,D2,D4,D5,D500,D700,B600,D610, Df, and so on.

I do not know this seller, and I am not giving any endorsement to this specific lens, nor to the seller, just wanted to let people know that this is one of Nikon's best performing lenses according to the DxO Mark testing of about 73 different prime lenses on the Nikon D800 camera: this lens is in the Top 4 performers of all the Nikon primes they have tested for the D800. It is a very,very CRISP imager, and this is a lens that's pretty useful for lower-light situations, and which is so,so sharp that it can be used to "Crop-in on" shots without lens issues showing up.
Thank you very much. That's a lot of great info and I appreciate the information. Hopefully others do as well. I really love this lens and it has been my go to for automotive/portrait shots for the past 5 years. I considered keeping it but I feel like with now having the 135, the close focal lengths will have me neglecting this lens so I know that someone else could use it way more. Thanks again for the large amount of information, it is very helpful.

Im honestly shocked that this lens is still here.

If you can come down a bit, this broke college student would gladly take this lens off your hands. :)

If you can come down a bit, this broke college student would gladly take this lens off your hands. :)
I think my price is very fair so I think I will leave it as is. Good luck on your search.

Very good deal for somebody. I already own one, or I'd grab it.

I had one. Sold it for CAD 500 last year. Pretty decent lens I must add. I had upgraded to the 105mm f1.4

Very good deal for somebody. I already own one, or I'd grab it.
Thank you.
I had one. Sold it for CAD 500 last year. Pretty decent lens I must add. I had upgraded to the 105mm f1.4
The legit only reason its up for sale is because I upgraded to the Sigma ART 135. If it doesnt sell, I wont mind keeping it.

OP - Can you post some photos that you have taken with this lens?

Oh man. I want it. I already have a Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 though. Trying to figure out a justification to buy this too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back