Nikkor D vs Non D Lenses

nokili

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello guys and gals..

I have been looking at getting a 50mm 1.8 as my first prime lens. A friend has offered to give me a pretty sweet deal on a non d model...as in like $20..I can pick up the D model (same focal length) for a smidge over a 100 online. I wanted to see if anyone could tell me the difference between D and non D, I am planning on using this lens mostly outdoors...from what I can find online the D model gives information about the distance to the body and helps with flash exposure....is there anything else I should be aware of?

As always I appreciate your help!

hello guys and gals..

I have been looking at getting a 50mm 1.8 as my first prime lens. A friend has offered to give me a pretty sweet deal on a non d model...as in like $20..I can pick up the D model (same focal length) for a smidge over a 100 online. I wanted to see if anyone could tell me the difference between D and non D, I am planning on using this lens mostly outdoors...from what I can find online the D model gives information about the distance to the body and helps with flash exposure....is there anything else I should be aware of?

As always I appreciate your help!

nope, that's all that D does.

Jump on that deal! His non-d lens would still sell for around $100 online, D lenses really aren't worth much more, as most buyers don't know the difference.

Jump on that deal! His non-d lens would still sell for around $100 online, D lenses really aren't worth much more, as most buyers don't know the difference.

Thanks I already did :) Bringing it to me next week!

Sweets!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back