Nikon 14-24 f2.8 lens ?

Xfridayx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i was wondering if someone could help me out with a question I have in regards to this lens?
I've read that with this lens, it cannot have a filter, no threads) My question Is that if say a polorizing filter unattaches the clouds from the sky and causes a nice texture/demension then how would one go about creating this effect if a filter cannot be used on this particular lens? What do you do?

Go with a 17-35 f/2.8 and 77mm filters?

Not only are there no threads, but I think the front element curves out beyond the edge of the barrel, making the lens hood a necessity.

Theres a couple options, like:

Zeiss Distagon 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 (or ZE for Canon) - HUGE 95mm filter thread
Zeiss Distagon 18mm f3.5 ZF.2 - 82mm filter thread
Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm f4 VR - 77mm filter thread

You can use the Fotodiox Wonderpana 145 system on the 14-24 to be able to use 145mm filters on it.

This is the core of the system that goes on the lens from both sides and fits together giving you the ability to use the large filters.

WonderPana 145 System Holder (Core Unit Only)

Thanks everyone so much for the suggestions, i needed them. This search has seemed to be a lot of work but I have learned so much, thank you :)

Not only are there no threads, but I think the front element curves out beyond the edge of the barrel, making the lens hood a necessity.

Hi Snowbear, could you please tell me the brand of that lens? ^very nice!^

Solarflare, i don't think I heard of that brand "Zeiss" before, well i forget if i heard of it? they are nice looking. The 15mm is very sadly out of my budget but wow! I have to go back and read again in regards to the 18mm as i have read so much on these guys the past few days i forget. I also need to see if i can get an idea as far as speed goes on the 18 as im not sure if it will be fast enough for animals?

As far as the Nikkor goes many of the reviews that I have read say that it is not very fast? Again I am not very sure as animals go. But I like the VR and in my current situation I would be foolish not to get a VR. Thank you I appreciate it.

You can use the Fotodiox Wonderpana 145 system on the 14-24 to be able to use 145mm filters on it.

This is the core of the system that goes on the lens from both sides and fits together giving you the ability to use the large filters.

Thanks Medic. I did not know that and very much appreciated. I also took a look at your flicker account. Beautiful pictures.

i was wondering if someone could help me out with a question I have in regards to this lens?
I've read that with this lens, it cannot have a filter, no threads) My question Is that if say a polorizing filter unattaches the clouds from the sky and causes a nice texture/demension then how would one go about creating this effect if a filter cannot be used on this particular lens? What do you do?

Lee makes this for Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 The LEE SW150 Mark II Filter System especially designed for a range of popular ultra-wideangle lenses.

Lee makes this for Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 The LEE SW150 Mark II Filter System especially designed for a range of popular ultra-wideangle lenses.
thank you!!!!

Hi Snowbear, could you please tell me the brand of that lens? ^very nice!^
Nikon

In regards to the Zeiss Distagon 18mm f3.5 I am not entirely sure yet. I still have to research but if I went with something similar to this and decided to photograph a dog in the fore ground, I am assuming they will need some fill light. Would using the flash with the old toilet paper trick or a strobe on the subjects in the fore ground only work as far speed goes? If that is the case what F stop would I need? Thank you so much for your help.

You may want to read an additional issue about using a circular polarizer filter on a ultra wide angle lens with Sky. One of the main issue is uneven darkest of the sky. Of course, the effect varies with the angle of the sun and how much you turn the polarizer.

Thanks Medic. I did not know that and very much appreciated. I also took a look at your flicker account. Beautiful pictures.

Sure thing! Only reason I know that is seeing a video a while back on it and that is the next lens I'm going to buy.

Thanks for the compliment on the photo's.

Most reactions

Back