Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Try to decide between Nikon 35-70mm f/2.8D AF Zoom and 24-85 3.5 G
Want the best optics in that price range

Try to decide between Nikon 35-70mm f/2.8D AF Zoom and 24-85 3.5 G
Want the best optics in that price range

I have the 35-70. You might miss the 24mm but mine is sharp. It's acceptable at 2.8 if your DOF is acceptable. The 35 mm on FX is wide enough for me.

The 35-70mm a pro-lens and it does produces pro-quality photos.

All of the photos here were taken with the 35-70mm on a D700.
Cowing Around: Sports Day!

The only thing I don't like about it is the push-pull mechanism. The "macro" mode is quite pointless IMO.

Thank you both for you comments. I am 99% sold on this lens. Have read a zillion reviews.

Also I heard there was problem with some of these lenses with glass elements splitting... the hazing effect. Either way, you should always check the lens in person for hazing and leaking lubes. Otherwise, but them from trusted source like KEH.com.

Once I bought a AF-D F1.4 50mm from ebay and there was lube leaking inside. I sent it back and the seller claimed that I was scamming him so I reported it to ebay. Ebay gave me my money back.

Also I heard there was problem with some of these lenses with glass elements splitting... the hazing effect. Either way, you should always check the lens in person for hazing and leaking lubes. Otherwise, but them from trusted source like KEH.com.

Once I bought a AF-D F1.4 50mm from ebay and there was lube leaking inside. I sent it back and the seller claimed that I was scamming him so I reported it to ebay. Ebay gave me my money back.

KEH is the way to go! My first one was stuck internally at 62 mm and they swapped it out without a problem. I love their service.

Back years ago when I was using and still have my Minolta SRT 201 I had a Vivitar 35-70 f/2.8-3.8 series 1. It never left my camera. It was plenty wide enough without any noticeable distortion. I'm sure the Nikon is much better than my old Vivitar. So what I'm saying is, don't be afraid of the range.

The 35-70 is prone to lens hazing, make sure u get one that doesn't have this issue.
After reading many FS adds that stated slight haze or slight fungus. I bit the bullet and got a 24-85 3.5 VR G Nikon today.

I love my 35-70mm f/2.8. Super sharp photos. I don't mind the push pull at all.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Most reactions

New Topics

Back