What's new

Nikon 35mm f/ 1.8

Analog, do you find that you get more keepers from using your 35mm than your wide angle? It is interesting, cos as I just mentioned. I find making great photos is easier when what you see in front of you is the thing you photograph?
 
Ahh... I don't know if I'd compare them that way. The 35 is a really nice for perspective for getting a clear subject with some background too, and a fast 35 helps separate that subject. I find that most of my photos at that length though have an obvious subject to the photo. My wide is really an ultra-wide, and I think of that more for "scenes" than "subjects", if you know what I mean. If I'm shooting that wide then I'm trying to capture a lot of area, or trying to exaggerate perspective. I've gotten some portraits at 16mm, but they're more effect-y than anything else. Eventually I'd like to get something around 21 or 24, to find a happy medium. Long enough to isolate a subject, but wide enough to still include a lot of scene.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom