Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens

dan.rpo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens

will this lens focus on the D40?

You might consider the new 35mm f/1.8 AF-S. It will focus, and it's closer to normal as well. It's not quite as cheap as the 50mm, but it is pretty darn good.

^amazon has that one for $200. i figure thats pretty darn good for a lens w/max aperture at 1.8......im new to photography, so what do u mean its more "close to normal"? thanks!

In the old days and on full frame sensors, 50mm was considered a "normal" field of view. With cropped sensors (like the d40), the 50mm lens behaves more like a 75mm lens when compared to full frame.

The 50mm 1.8 is indeed a great value, but yeah, for the d40 you'll need af-s lenses, which are more expensive. (built in motors) which is why I will never recommend a d40/d60 to anyone.

hey! no bashing on my beginner camera! i was on a budget! lol

yeah, it sucks having a limited selection of lenses with the d40. but hey, what can ya do.

i have the kit lens, 18-55...im just looking for a zoom lens right now, and soon, a wide angle (or prime) with a large max. aperture. the 35mm 1.8 seems a good deal to me!

hey! no bashing on my beginner camera! i was on a budget! lol

yeah, it sucks having a limited selection of lenses with the d40. but hey, what can ya do.

i have the kit lens, 18-55...im just looking for a zoom lens right now, and soon, a wide angle (or prime) with a large max. aperture. the 35mm 1.8 seems a good deal to me!

Heh, heh.. i wasn't really bashing. The d40 has excellent IQ, and is good if you're on a tight budget and don't want to buy used, I just can't stand its limitations. Many people don't mind the lack of built-in focus motor. It just sucks that you can't use older lenses which are less expensive, without focusing manually, which isn't exactly a piece of cake with a tiny viewfinder either (i've tried it on my d70)

The 17-55 with the D40? A lens that costs 3x as much the body? Good for you. You will love it.

The 17-55 with the D40? A lens that costs 3x as much the body? Good for you. You will love it.

Yes on B&H cost $1,200. But the reviews I read from this lens are incredible, also if in the future I decide to buy another body ( D300 ) I can use it. But I prefer now to buy the crystal and then later the megapixels :lmao:

i was actually going to take a picture of my D90 with my favorite lens on it for a thread on another forum... and i wanted to take the picture with my 50mm f/1.8 so i threw it on my D50 and it took me a few minutes to realize why it would not auto focus :lol:

i've also thought about getting the 35mm f/1.8 DX for my D50/90. looks like some DX sweetness.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back