Nikon 55-200mm VR Af-S DX....guess what i picked one up for!

dan.rpo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been debating on what lens to get for a good month now...let me say, for the people who dont mind buying used, check craigslist in your area first!

this lens retails for avg $220, even $250 in some places!

i just picked it up today from someone on craigslist, they had purchased it a month ago for their D40, got rid of the D40 for a D200 and stuck with the kit lens. the lens is basically brand new, just without the box...picked it up for $140!!

now ill have more towards my 35mm f1.8! :D

good price. I will pay you 150$ for it. you can even make a profit now

nice
work.....

this lens will impress you... it's a true underdog...

EDIT: tip.... when you zoom into 200mm roll it back just a touch.... when you zoom out to 55mm roll it in a touch... and try to stay away from open aperture if you can...

Last edited:
for the people who dont mind buying used, check craigslist in your area first!

I picked up a package deal a while back from a guy on Craigslist. Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR DX and 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR. He bought them for a trip to Europe. Came back from the trip and sold them. the 18-200 had a month of use, the 70-300 never even made it on the camera.

At the time, I knew it was a really good deal and I had the cash on hand, so I went for it. It was not until just this moment that I went out to see what these lenses are retailing for.

Holy crap I absolutely stole them... :blushing:

I paid $350 for the pair. :thumbup: :D

I bought mine as a bundle with the D40 and 18-55mm kit lens for like 500 buck from BH photo. That's a pretty good deal I say. When I'm shooting outside, that lens is awesome.

Been debating on what lens to get for a good month now...let me say, for the people who dont mind buying used, check craigslist in your area first!

this lens retails for avg $220, even $250 in some places!

i just picked it up today from someone on craigslist, they had purchased it a month ago for their D40, got rid of the D40 for a D200 and stuck with the kit lens. the lens is basically brand new, just without the box...picked it up for $140!!

now ill have more towards my 35mm f1.8! :D

how far does that lens open?

it's a pretty slow lens, but has amazing saturation and depth when shot in good lighting. . .I bought mine new several years ago (2007?) for $219 - so your deal is a complete steal!!

nice
work.....

this lens will impress you... it's a true underdog...

EDIT: tip.... when you zoom into 200mm roll it back just a touch.... when you zoom out to 55mm roll it in a touch... and try to stay away from open aperture if you can...

Why's that?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back