What's new

Nikon 80-200 f2.8 + Nikon D7000

What model of 80-200 do you have??? The AF-D models all have a "switch" that must be set to AF, in order for the lens to be in AF Mode. Press a small button, then turn the ring to AF...
 
What model of 80-200 do you have??? The AF-D models all have a "switch" that must be set to AF, in order for the lens to be in AF Mode. Press a small button, then turn the ring to AF...

Nikon ED AF-S NIKKOR 80-200mm 1:2.8 D
 
What model of 80-200 do you have??? The AF-D models all have a "switch" that must be set to AF, in order for the lens to be in AF Mode. Press a small button, then turn the ring to AF...


These 3 buttons appear to be focus lock buttons. Can I assign AF ON to them?
 
Turn the top one to M/A, and the bottom to Full. M/A will allow for full AF, and full time manual focus override. Don't move the focus ring and the camera will focus the lens.

Mark
 
What model of 80-200 do you have??? The AF-D models all have a "switch" that must be set to AF, in order for the lens to be in AF Mode. Press a small button, then turn the ring to AF...


These 3 buttons appear to be focus lock buttons. Can I assign AF ON to them?
Are you asking if you can push a button on the lens to make it auto focus? If that is what you are actually asking, then no.
 
What model of 80-200 do you have??? The AF-D models all have a "switch" that must be set to AF, in order for the lens to be in AF Mode. Press a small button, then turn the ring to AF...


These 3 buttons appear to be focus lock buttons. Can I assign AF ON to them?
Are you asking if you can push a button on the lens to make it auto focus? If that is what you are actually asking, then no.

I thought you could map them to AF-ON, like the AE-L/AF-L button. Turns out (the guy at the camera shop wasnt correct) they are focus lock buttons.
 
Yes, those are just focus lock buttons--three so whichever way the camera is turned, there is one in convenient reach.
 
These 3 buttons appear to be focus lock buttons. Can I assign AF ON to them?
Are you asking if you can push a button on the lens to make it auto focus? If that is what you are actually asking, then no.

I thought you could map them to AF-ON, like the AE-L/AF-L button. Turns out (the guy at the camera shop wasnt correct) they are focus lock buttons.
LOL. Whenever you are giving 'expert advice', try to remember this post...I will. This displays a complete lack of understanding regarding how a camera works.
 
Are you asking if you can push a button on the lens to make it auto focus? If that is what you are actually asking, then no.

I thought you could map them to AF-ON, like the AE-L/AF-L button. Turns out (the guy at the camera shop wasnt correct) they are focus lock buttons.
LOL. Whenever you are giving 'expert advice', try to remember this post...I will. This displays a complete lack of understanding regarding how a camera works.

Seeing as though the guy I bought the lens from told me that those buttons would function as AE-L/AF-L buttons, I don't feel bad asking this question. But hey, 90% of what you post on this forum must make you feel like a big strong man, so please continue doing so.
 
I thought you could map them to AF-ON, like the AE-L/AF-L button. Turns out (the guy at the camera shop wasnt correct) they are focus lock buttons.
LOL. Whenever you are giving 'expert advice', try to remember this post...I will. This displays a complete lack of understanding regarding how a camera works.

Seeing as though the guy I bought the lens from told me that those buttons would function as AE-L/AF-L buttons, I don't feel bad asking this question. But hey, 90% of what you post on this forum must make you feel like a big strong man, so please continue doing so.
Well, I would normally say it was a great lens, and one well worth owning. Given the information you just gave, I would have walked away.

If the previous owner thought he could autofocus with those buttons, either the previous owner was a moron or it was stollen and the 'seller' had no idea how it worked. There just really aren't that many other alternatives

You, however, were the buyer. You had time to research it and check it out. Seriously, I'm baffled as to how you could complete a purchase for a lens in which neither the buyer or the seller knew how it worked or even if it was working properly.
 
LOL. Whenever you are giving 'expert advice', try to remember this post...I will. This displays a complete lack of understanding regarding how a camera works.

Seeing as though the guy I bought the lens from told me that those buttons would function as AE-L/AF-L buttons, I don't feel bad asking this question. But hey, 90% of what you post on this forum must make you feel like a big strong man, so please continue doing so.
Well, I would normally say it was a great lens, and one well worth owning. Given the information you just gave, I would have walked away.

If the previous owner thought he could autofocus with those buttons, either the previous owner was a moron or it was stollen and the 'seller' had no idea how it worked. There just really aren't that many other alternatives

You, however, were the buyer. You had time to research it and check it out. Seriously, I'm baffled as to how you could complete a purchase for a lens in which neither the buyer or the seller knew how it worked or even if it was working properly.

It was not the original owner who sold it to me, it was someone who worked at a camera shop. I got a great deal on it - it was a lower price than I had seen anywhere online, and it is in excellent condition. Well worth owning. The only mystery to me was the 3 buttons on the lens of which he told me could be used to trigger autofocus. He was wrong.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom