Nikon and yn flash help

briand7878

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a flash question. I have had a Nikon sb700 flash ,and just got a yongnuo 685 to add to it. I don’t have any issues getting them to fire together but I can’t get the power to match one another. The sb700 seems much brighter. I shoot with a Nikon d810 and my trigger is a yn 622. If anyone has specific ideas on exact setting I should use I would appreciate it.

I have a flash question. I have had a Nikon sb700 flash ,and just got a yongnuo 685 to add to it. I don’t have any issues getting them to fire together but I can’t get the power to match one another. The sb700 seems much brighter. I shoot with a Nikon d810 and my trigger is a yn 622. If anyone has specific ideas on exact setting I should use I would appreciate it.
I think you will have to put both into "manual" mode, and the relative adjustments might not be linear. Experiment with them to learn what setting on the Nikon will be the same as 100% on the Yongnuo for instance, and keep doing that through the entire range. Write down the respective values of each flash so when you want to balance them evenly you will know what settings are needed.

1/1 on the Nikon is likely higher than 1/1 on the yongnuo because the Nikon has a higher guide number.

That means that on the same setting on manual mode; the Nikon will always be brighter than the yongnuo.

Just need to learn to set each light’s power individually and account for the difference. I’ve always tried to keep all my lights the same to eliminate this issue but I know that isn’t always possible.

1/1 on the Nikon is likely higher than 1/1 on the yongnuo because the Nikon has a higher guide number.

That means that on the same setting on manual mode; the Nikon will always be brighter than the yongnuo.

Just need to learn to set each light’s power individually and account for the difference. I’ve always tried to keep all my lights the same to eliminate this issue but I know that isn’t always possible.

Thank you both, I will take your advice and give it a try.

Most reactions

Back