Nikon announces Z5

The Angry Tattoo speaks! He cracks me up. Such a braggart.
At first I thought he was interesting, but the more I watched him I thought he's trying too hard to get a Fuji contract to review.

Real name Ken Wheeler is actually pretty smart w/ some interesting theories in physics and the earths magnetism from what I've read about him.

Last edited:
No camera stores (that I know of) in the Federal Courthouse area of Portland. So, alas, no smoke- or water-damage mark-downs. Pro Photo Supply and Camera Solutions are far from the protest zones.

At first I thought he was interesting, but the more I watched him I thought he's trying to hard to get a Fuji contract to review.

He is quite the character. He was the #1 Nikon fanboy on YouTube...then he got bitten by the Fuji crop-frame bug, but now he is back to bragging about his "500 Niiiiikor lenses" and his "eight Nikon bodies". Seems like a lot for a guy that does not make his living as a photographer.

I think The Angry Photographer has some serious cognitive dissonance issues. He identifies very much with traditional Nikon cameras and F-mount lenses....he flirted with Fuji for a while, but couldn't commit to it. If Nikon mirrorless were to be good, it would shrink his ego, and cause his mental world to become second-rate, ergo the Z system is "junk".

Did he ever lay a sticky finger on a Z5--a problem with so many of his "reviews" of gear one's not quite sure he's actually handled?

BTW, hoped he might catch fire during the time no one should waste listening to him outgass about what he owns--and you don't!

We're just not worthy...

Last edited:
Of course, he's never seen the Z5 in the flesh, let alone shot with one. "Reviews" of gear you have not even used: what, exactly, is the point? To dampen pre-orders? To reinforce your own ownership position of older equipment ?

Correct cgw, we are just not worthy.

Any smoke-and-water damage Nikon deals in Portland?
Why would you want equipment with smoke and water damage? Precision electronics don't do well with smoke and water damage.

At first I thought he was interesting, but the more I watched him I thought he's trying to hard to get a Fuji contract to review.

He is quite the character. He was the #1 Nikon fanboy on YouTube...then he got bitten by the Fuji crop-frame bug, but now he is back to bragging about his "500 Niiiiikor lenses" and his "eight Nikon bodies". Seems like a lot for a guy that does not make his living as a photographer.
I wondered about all his equipment when you only see some of it from time to time. But he does have a wealthy elderly friend that appears in a few of his other videos.

Most reactions

Back