Nikon BIG annuncement...............wait what ?

So July 25 2017 is here and we all expected a big D850 announcement, full specs and release date.

And we are getting the announcement that its being developed ?
Whats the big news here ?
Of course its being developed.
I am seriously disappointed, I am waiting for a really impressive cameras from Nikon and now announcement about product they are developing which we all know they do.

Nikon D850 DSLR camera future development announced | Nikon Rumors

What is it about the D810 that is less than really impressive?
4K, Touch Screen, Crappy Video AF, Stills AF needs the D500 system, wile for me its an overkill the market want more resolution, better low light performance and more.

So July 25 2017 is here and we all expected a big D850 announcement, full specs and release date.

I am seriously disappointed, I am waiting for a really impressive cameras from Nikon and now announcement about product they are developing which we all know they do.

4K, Touch Screen, Crappy Video AF, Stills AF needs the D500 system, wile for me its an overkill the market want more resolution, better low light performance and more.

I love the ergonomics of my D500, esp gripped. I wish for the D850 to have the same body layout all the knobs and wheels in all the same places and I wish for the same battery grip on both cameras

Currently with my 3 bodies d3 d600 d500 all the knobs and wheels are in different places. Not nice.

I do not really need more megapixels, but I am strong enough to cope with them if they are there.

4K, Touch Screen, Crappy Video AF, Stills AF needs the D500 system, wile for me its an overkill the market want more resolution, better low light performance and more.[/QUOTE]

According to B&H's page for D850 - it has 8k video!

no Coffee Maker connectivity yet.

No, just garage door opener. :aiwebs_016:

god forbid Nikon focuses on things to improve shooting...

They could have already released a D850 with the same specs as the D500 and D5 and everyone would have been happy. ($10 says thats all they do anyways)

According to B&H's page for D850 - it has 8k video![/QUOTE]
No, its got 8K Timelaps, no info as of yet about the video capabilities but it is expected to have 4K

No, its got 8K Timelaps, no info as of yet about the video capabilities but it is expected to have 4K
Missed the timelaps part! I dont shoot video very often anyway. hahaha.

Knowing Nikon you won't see things like this in the D850:

20fps continuous shooting with AF tracking
693 focus points
5-axis stabilization
1/32000sec shutter speeds
a silent shutter
4D focus tracking

But I'd be willing to wager you'll read about things like (judging from their recent innovations):

Dropping it from (2) SD slots to (1) and not even supporting the latest protocols/technology
Plastic Neck strap holders
No vertical grip option
Tilt and Touch Screen
White-clipping metering
expeed 5
less battery capacity
snapbridge support
no AI coupling
lighter body
Dropping the MP down form 36MP to 24MP with a sensor that sucks in high iso
increased cost
4K video

Knowing Nikon you won't see things like this in the D850:

20fps continuous shooting with AF tracking
693 focus points
5-axis stabilization
1/32000sec shutter speeds
a silent shutter
4D focus tracking

But I'd be willing to wager you'll read about things like (judging from their recent innovations):

Dropping it from (2) SD slots to (1) and not even supporting the latest protocols/technology
Plastic Neck strap holders
No vertical grip option
Tilt and Touch Screen
White-clipping metering
expeed 5
less battery capacity
snapbridge support
no AI coupling
lighter body
Dropping the MP down form 36MP to 24MP with a sensor that sucks in high iso
increased cost
4K video
Good luck on that .. FWIW, it's not the Shutter that makes a ton of noise, it's those 2 mirrors that make most of the noise and limit FPS.

I love the ergonomics of my D500, esp gripped. I wish for the D850 to have the same body layout all the knobs and wheels in all the same places and I wish for the same battery grip on both cameras

Currently with my 3 bodies d3 d600 d500 all the knobs and wheels are in different places. Not nice.

I do not really need more megapixels, but I am strong enough to cope with them if they are there.
The "Pro Bodies" D500 (D300s etc), D5 (D4s, etc), D8x0, old D700 use the Pro Body which is very similar in buttons and layout. I say very similar because if you look at the buttons on the top left they are slightly different for various cameras.

The D600 has the same layout as the D7x00 bodies. The D750 (unlike the d700) uses the same layout too, though they all have slight variations on each other.

Of course, Nikon could change the D850 too .... so we'll find out.

Some of the features i listed as the "what Nikon will announce" were directly from the D7500... in case you didn't pick up on it.

the d7500 is a downgrade over the d7200. but they did move the ISO button....:barbershop_quartet_member:

Last edited:
Some of the features i listed as the "what Nikon will announce" were directly from the D7500... in case you didn't pick up on it.

the d7500 is a downgrade over the d7200. but they did move the ISO button....:barbershop_quartet_member:
You didn't campaign enough to convince them of your wisdom over theirs ... so it's your fault :)

They aren't concerned with wisdom.

Um.

Considering many people vote with their wallet against Nikon now I dont really get the point of being arrogant towards people who complain about Nikons recent products.

This is my thinking. I'm ready to make the jump to a full frame body to compliment my D500.. but none of the ones currently on the market really meet my wishlist.

Being that I do a lot of event and/or night photography it's important for me that the button layout matches as closely as possible. I also don't think I could go back to shooting at night without the backlit buttons.. super nice to have.

Essentially I'll buy the D850 if it has the D500 ergonomics and backlit buttons. If it's vastly different from the d500 I don't know what I'll do.. either suck it up and have two totally different button layouts or just buy another D500 and skip going to full frame.

Most reactions

Back