Nikon Card problems

chroix

In Latin it's "spikius conius thingonius"
Reaction score
I've had a few times lately when I've shot a cards worth of shots with my D70... look fine on the camera.. go to dump them the next day on my computer and none of the files work. All are corrupted.. anybody have a similar experience and/or solution. So far I've been fortunate enough to be able to reshoot, but as I work at a couple of magazines this is not always available and I don't want to have to reshoot. Lost a couple of really good shots last night and I'm about fed up with the whole thing.

Have you tried formatting the card yet? I format the card each time I dump images off of it to avoid these problems.

does it happen with more than one card?.... or is it just the same card?
Also, how are you transfering them to your computer?..... are you using a seperate reader.... or camera software..... or just accessing the camera folder?

multiple cards..external firewire reader, although it doesn't work through the USB port either.

Do you really reformat your card every time?

i do.... as soon as the pics are backed up i reformat the card.... this could be the solution..... seems strange that they are corrupt if they are being transfered straight from the camera.

got the same trouble with my Nicon card... Have to format my card every time...

I haven't had that problem, but for future reference, do you format the FC in the computer or in the camera or does it make a difference?

Thanks.

Most reactions

Back