Nikon D3 and D7000 for D800?

The nikon D600 is the best in the world,The nikon D800 is the best in the world but who needs 24 and 36 megapixels.I have the D600 and the D800 they are wonderful cameras.When people ask what camera I recommend I tell them get a D3100 or is the D3200 maybe it was the D600.Ken rockwell:lmao: When consistency counts do read his words or you will be more confused when your done.

Yeah, but I find him incredibly entertaining...

And you have to admit, he writes with authority. So much so that the average enthusiast that did not know differently would take him at face value without question.

What I am saying is: TEVO, I COMPLETELY understand how you got lost in RockwellLand. Cut our brother some slack, Ladies and Gents.. :)

The nikon D600 is the best in the world,The nikon D800 is the best in the world but who needs 24 and 36 megapixels.I have the D600 and the D800 they are wonderful cameras.When people ask what camera I recommend I tell them get a D3100 or is the D3200 maybe it was the D600.Ken rockwell:lmao: When consistency counts do read his words or you will be more confused when your done.

Yeah, but I find him incredibly entertaining...

And you have to admit, he writes with authority. So much so that the average enthusiast that did not know differently would take him at face value without question.

What I am saying is: TEVO, I COMPLETELY understand how you got lost in RockwellLand. Cut our brother some slack, Ladies and Gents.. :)

I think that would be the Rockwell Asylum, for the photographically insane!

Ken didnt mean they have literally the same guts. He meant that they are based on the same engineering design with somewhat different stats for different market segments. And he makes a fairly convincing although speculative argument

Ken didnt mean they have literally the same guts. He meant that they are based on the same engineering design with somewhat different stats for different market segments. And he makes a fairly convincing although speculative argument

Did he TELL you that he didn't mean that? Or are you just "speculating"? Sounds like you are on a first name basis with him? WOW... not impressed! ;) lol!

Did he TELL you that he didn't mean that? Or are you just "speculating"? Sounds like you are on a first name basis with him? WOW... not impressed! ;) lol!
Yes, he did tell me, in the article.

He includes explicit tables on that page that clearly show different resolutions, etc. for each of the three cameras and make it obvious that he does not mean they have literally the same sensor and other components. Did you read it?

Yes, he did tell me, in the article.

He includes explicit tables on that page that clearly show different resolutions, etc. for each of the three cameras and make it obvious that he does not mean they have literally the same sensor and other components. Did you read it?

No.. I admit I didn't! I have better things to do than read KR erroneous information and half-baked opinions!

thank you for all the input.

Another thing i should mention is that I shoot a lot of action sports and undewater will be more fast moving objects, not the typical macro shots. Is the d800 going to slow me down at all compared to my d3?

I agree with everyone else. Don't trust Ken Rockwell. He's the butt of the photography world jokes for a good reason.

Now to business. First of all, What do you feel is holding you back with your current bodies? A D3 and a D7000 hardly needs upgrading just yet. Also, with great megapixels (D800/E), comes HUGE files. Are you ready to invest in bigger (or more) media cards and hard drive space? Possibly even a new computer to run said files in photoshop or lightroom without it (the computer) feeling like it's running like cold molasses?

Just some questions to ask yourself and answer...

No.. I admit I didn't! I have better things to do than read KR erroneous information and half-baked opinions!

Something one never sees on this forum, huh? Only screeds about articles someone hasn't read.:thumbdown:

Tedski

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."-- G. Marx

Something one never sees on this forum, huh? Only screeds about articles someone hasn't read.:thumbdown:

Tedski

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."-- G. Marx

Hum....The quotes got mixed up, now it's corrected.

thank you for all the input.

Another thing i should mention is that I shoot a lot of action sports and undewater will be more fast moving objects, not the typical macro shots. Is the d800 going to slow me down at all compared to my d3?

I shoot a lot of sport with the D800 and have no trouble whatsoever. It largely depends on your technique though. The AF system in the D800 is more than capable of tracking fast paced action, but if you tend to spray and pray in order to get the shot you want, the 4fps shutter speed in full frame mode will hold you back.

Well now the d750 has been thrown in the mix. Still have both the d3 and d7000

Most reactions

New Topics

Back