Nikon D300 6 FPS...

Kenny32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I've used a D300 before...but the one I just bought arrived today and it seems like it doesn't want to go to 6 FPS...

I have the shutter at 1/8000 (I just want to test it)...I have an EL-EL3E battery in the D300 and another in the MB-D10 (It's set to use the one in the D300 first)...the CL Mode Shooting speed setting is at 6 FPS, and the release mode in the camera settings is at CH and the dial on top of the camera is at CH as well...

I count "one-thousand one" and it only takes 3 photos...

What am I missing?

I think you need to use AA's or the special battery ($$$) EN-EL4a I believe it is.

I think you need to use AA's or the special battery ($$$) EN-EL4a I believe it is.

That's for 8 FPS with the grip...I know I can only get six with the current setup now.

For starters, the one thousand one thing isn't the most accurate, sorry. Also, most FPS ratings are marketing hype, and frequently a little slower than they claim. Also, FPS can be dependent on what focus mode your are in. Also, I think the D300 has some burst mode option, when it will prioritize actually being in focus over maximum frame rate. You can turn it off if you want it to shoot full speed, but all the shots might not be in focus. Dig through your menus and see if it has that option.

If you have High ISO noise reduction turned on it will slow things down considerably.

It sounds like you've read the manual but I know I refer to mine all the time when I'm unsure.

Turn it to MF, Use a stop watch, Manual mode, no noise reduction et al

It needs to shoot in 12 bit, not 14 bit. The D300 and d3x slow down, where the D700 and D3 don't with 14 bit.

Active D lighting off, 12 bit, CH with the enel3's will give you 6fps.

It needs to shoot in 12 bit, not 14 bit. The D300 and d3x slow down, where the D700 and D3 don't with 14 bit.

Active D lighting off, 12 bit, CH with the enel3's will give you 6fps.

Yep, the 12 bit did it...Thanks everyone!

Most reactions

Back